NEW You can now add a photo to your posts and replies — vials, pens, injection sites and progress pics are all welcome. Max 5 MB, and location data is stripped automatically.
Medications

Missed my Ozempic dose by 3 days, restart advice?

Started by FoggySoul · · 23 replies · 871 views
#1

I've been doing well on Ozempic and down 17 lbs, but life got chaotic and I ended up three days past my usual shot day before realizing it. I took it this morning and now I'm wondering if anyone else has had a gap like that and how their body reacted. Did you notice stronger side effects or did it feel like business as usual getting back on schedule?

#2

Three days is nothing, I once went almost a full week between shots during a move and the only thing I noticed was hunger creeping back, not worse side effects when I restarted. Down 46 lbs over the long haul and a late dose here or there never derailed anything. Just let this morning become your new shot day and you'll be fine.

#3

I was in the same spot a couple months back, forgot a shot and restarted 3 days later, felt a little queasy for a day but appetite suppression came back like normal. Down 14 lbs since starting so I figure one slip didn't wreck anything. Protein tracking keeps me honest too, way less likely to undereat on the off days.

#4

I've skipped a few days before and the worst I got was a slightly queasy evening after taking it late, then everything settled right back down. Just keep your new shot day going from there rather than trying to shift back. Being down 22 lbs myself, I was worried a gap would undo progress but it didn't at all.

#5

I've skipped a few days before and just took it when I remembered, then shifted my usual injection day forward - no drama, appetite was back to normal by day two. Down 21 lbs on 1mg and the slow-and-steady crowd in here is right, no need to rush anything after a gap.

#6

A three-day slip won't undo your 17 lbs, trust me. When I spaced mine out during a stressful week at work, the only thing I got was a little extra burping that first day back, then it was smooth sailing. I just moved my injection day to the new schedule and haven't looked back.

#7

Three-day gap is barely a blip, OP. When I had a similar slip the queasiness hit a touch harder than usual for the first evening, then everything settled right back in. Down 46 lbs myself so one late shot never slowed the trend for me either.

#8

Life in Phoenix summers threw off my schedule once too and I just rolled with the new day going forward. Only thing I noticed was appetite creeping back a little during the gap, then it quieted right down after the next shot. Down 53 lbs so a few late days never derailed anything for me.

#9

When I was down around 40 lbs I had a four-day gap during a family emergency and honestly my body barely noticed. Just picked up on the new day and kept going. Congrats on the 17 lbs, that early momentum is the hard part.

#10

Had a similar gap last year and my only real change was hunger showing up a bit sooner in those missed days. Once I got back on track I shifted my shot day permanently and it's been fine since. Down 52 lbs now, so a few late days clearly didn't hurt my progress.

#11

Down 21 lbs myself and had a similar gap around the holidays - just took it on the shifted day and the hunger noise settled within a couple days. The lighter dinner idea is smart, my stomach also grumbled more on that first dose back.

#12

I had a five-day slip while traveling this spring and the shot hit a little harder that first time back, mostly some queasiness that evening. Went back to normal by the next week though. Congrats on the 17, that early stretch is the toughest part.

#13

Three days is nothing to sweat, I'm on tirzepatide and took one five days late this summer and honestly just felt a little hungrier those extra days, no big backlash once I took it. Since your new shot day works with your schedule, I'd just keep that one going. The 17 lbs is already banked and a short gap won't undo it.

#14

A 3 day gap is small potatoes compared to what I've done - went almost a full week off track during a work crunch on my liraglutide and the worst of it was appetite creeping back, not any rough reaction when I resumed. Just keep your new day locked in so it doesn't happen twice. 17 lbs doesn't evaporate over a few days, trust me.

#15

Three days late never cost me anything either, maybe a touch more appetite noise those extra days and that was it. What actually got me during my longer stretch on the med was letting one slip turn into two, so locking in the new day like the others said is the real move. Congrats on the 17, that momentum carries.

#16

I've had a couple of 3-4 day slips over my 52 lb journey and never noticed any rebound effects, just mild appetite coming back until the next shot. The chaos of life happens to everyone, so don't beat yourself up over it. Keeping the new day locked in is what saved me from repeat slips.

#17

Three days late has never caused me anything worse than feeling hungrier sooner either, even at the points where I was down 36 lbs and worried I'd lose my groove. My body always just picked back up like nothing happened. Setting a phone reminder for the new day is the only thing that keeps me from sliding into another slip.

#18

I missed a full week once and just took it the day I remembered - appetite spiked for a couple days but evened out after. The shot back felt rougher for me, so I'd suggest not doing it on a totally empty stomach. Your weight loss shouldn't budge over three days.

#19

Three days is nothing, I've done the same and just took it on my normal day like nothing happened. Only thing I'd add is eat something decent beforehand since the first shot back after a gap always hit me harder.

#20

Only a few pounds in myself so I can't speak to long gaps, but I did shift my shot day once by a couple days and honestly never felt a difference. Appetite crept back a touch that week, that's it. Sounds like you're well within normal territory based on everyone here.

Showing 1–20 of 24 posts

Write your reply…

You'll be asked to create a free account to post — takes a few seconds, and your reply stays right here.
Ask the community

Create a free account

Takes a few seconds — you'll come right back here.

Already have an account? Log in instead.