Hit month 8 on Ozempic and the biggest change for me is how quiet my head is around food now. I used to think about what I was eating next basically all day, and somewhere along the way that constant hum just faded out. Down 31 lbs and it finally feels like my brain and my appetite are on the same team. Anyone else notice the mental chatter disappearing more than the appetite itself?
Ozempic month 8 update - the food noise is gone
Taking mine with a small bland breakfast made a big difference for my stomach, and I stopped feeling queasy on injection mornings once I stopped doing it on an empty stomach. Down about 14 lbs myself and the quieter food noise is the best part.
I'm only a couple months in and down about 10 lbs, but the chatter fading is already the wildest part - I caught myself at a birthday party last week just not caring about the cake, which never happens. The "nobody gets it" comment is so real, my family thinks I'm just being disciplined when really my brain finally shut up.
Congrats on the food noise fading, that was around month 6 for me and it made the whole thing easier. I inject Friday evenings so any queasiness hits while I'm relaxing instead of at work, and I keep the night light on plain stuff like toast and ginger tea. Taking it before a weekend rather than a busy workday helped me too, since my worst stomach days early on were the 24 hours after the shot.
Injection day used to wreck me too until I started doing mine Friday evening so any queasiness hit over the weekend. I'm on Mounjaro so not the same med, but eating light and bland the day before made a big difference for me. Down 32 lbs and the quiet in my head around food still feels surreal.
Month 9 here and same experience - the silence in my head has been worth more than the 38 lbs honestly. Like you said about your family, mine keeps telling me how proud they are of my willpower and I just laugh because discipline has nothing to do with it.
At month 8 I remember realizing I'd driven halfway to work before I even thought about food for the first time in decades. Down 65 lbs now and that silence is still the part nobody believes when I describe it. Grats on hitting the 30s club.
Only a couple months in and down 6 lbs, but I already get what you mean - I caught myself driving past a fast food place I used to hit weekly and realized I hadn't even thought about it. The quiet arriving before the big losses is real.
Congrats on making it to month 8, that food noise quieting down was the moment things clicked for me too. Injection days got way easier once I started doing them Friday evenings before a low-key weekend instead of before work. After dropping 66 lbs I still get a little queasy on shot day, but a light dinner that night has made all the difference for me.
That mental quiet was the real surprise for me too - somewhere around month 6 I stopped planning my whole day around meals and it felt like a light switch. I'm down 36 lbs now and honestly the appetite itself never changed as much as the background chatter did. Nobody in my life gets it either when I try to explain.
The quiet part was the weirdest surprise for me too, on Victoza. Somewhere around the 30 lb mark I realized I'd stopped narrating my whole day around meals. Still catches me off guard sometimes, in a good way.
Two months in myself and only down a couple pounds, but the quieting is already happening and that alone keeps me going. The willpower thing cracks me up too - nobody at my table gets that I'm not white-knuckling anything, the craving just never shows up anymore.
Injection evenings after a light dinner worked way better for me than mornings, and I keep crackers and ginger tea on hand just in case. Also second the magnesium comment, it made a real difference for me once I got to 1mg.
Month 8 here too and yeah, the mental quiet was the real surprise for me - I expected appetite suppression, not for my brain to stop running a restaurant menu in the background. Down 40-something lbs and I honestly think the silence is why it's stuck this time. Congrats on 31, that's solid.
Congrats on the food noise fading, that was the weirdest but best part for me around month 6. I moved my shot to Friday evenings so any queasy weekend stuff hits on my days off, and eating lighter that first day made a big difference for me. Down 43 lbs myself and it still feels surreal some mornings.
The quiet hit me somewhere in month 5 and I remember standing in the kitchen realizing I hadn't planned a single meal in my head all day. Down 59 lbs now and honestly the silence did more for me than the appetite part ever did. Congrats on 31, that mental shift is the real win.
Evening shots were rough on my stomach until I moved to mornings, and honestly the quieter appetite around food hit me hardest around month 6 too. Down 20 lbs here and a low-key breakfast on shot day still does more for me than anything.
Clothes are loose enough that I need a smaller size. I learned not to lie down right after eating. Just hit my first 20 lbs and I can't believe it.
Mornings worked way better for me too, plus I quit greasy dinners the night before and that alone settled my stomach down. Congrats on the 9 lbs, that early stretch felt slow for me but the quieter food noise made it easier to keep going.
I plateaued until the dose increase kicked things back in gear. The jump to the next dose was smoother than I feared.