Month 7 here and I had the exact same realization - the appetite shrunk less than the mental chatter did. I used to plan meals in my head all afternoon and now I catch myself actually forgetting about food until I'm hungry. Down 29 lbs myself and that quiet is honestly the part I hope never comes back.
Ozempic month 8 update - the food noise is gone
Small thing, but Rybelsus is the pill version so there's no injection timing to plan around, just take it on an empty stomach with a sip of water and wait before eating like the label says. I'm on the shot myself, down 17 lbs, and for stomach issues the biggest help for me was keeping dinners light the night before dosing.
The mental quiet hit me around month 6 too, and it's wild how forgetting to eat until I'm actually hungry felt like discovering a new brain. Down 23 lbs and the chatter fading was way bigger for me than any appetite change. Congrats on month 8, that's a solid stretch.
Month 8 for me on Trulicity and the quiet showed up around the same time as yours. Down 53 lbs now, and the strangest part was realizing I'd gone a whole afternoon without a single thought about food. Before, my whole evening revolved around planning dinner.
Congrats on month 8, the quiet head is the part I never expected either. I'm down around 40 lbs and same deal on shot day, a small bland dinner the night before makes all the difference. Dosing Saturday morning works for me since any queasiness fades while I'm puttering around the house.
Down about 32 myself and shot day still gets me if I eat heavy, so the small bland dinner thing checks out here too. I take mine Friday evenings since El Paso weekends are busy enough that I forget I'm even queasy. The quiet head really is the strangest gift of all of this.
I'm down 60 lbs and shot day queasiness still hits if I'm not careful. Taking mine in the morning with toast and ginger tea, then staying upright and busy for a few hours, has been what works for me. Weekends help for the same reason others mentioned, nothing worse than being nauseous stuck at a desk.
Down 38 lbs myself and shot day queasiness never fully went away either. I switched to Friday evenings with a light early dinner and it made a big difference for me. Ginger chews in the fridge are my go-to if it still creeps up.
The quiet head is real even on the pill version - I'm on Rybelsus 14mg down 19 lbs and the mental chatter fading was what surprised me most, way more than portion sizes shrinking. Down here in the 30s sounds like it just keeps getting quieter for you.
That mental quiet hit me around month 3 and it's still the wildest part - I didn't realize how much headspace food was renting until it stopped. Only down 15 lbs so far but I catch myself sometimes at dinner realizing I never once thought about lunch. Feels like getting a chunk of my day back.
The quiet is the part nobody warns you about - I'm down around 48 lbs and I still get tripped out passing a bakery or fast food sign with zero pull. The day feels so much longer in a good way when food isn't running the schedule.
Month 8 here too, down around 44 lbs, and the thing that still gets me is driving past places I used to plan whole detours around and feeling nothing. It's weird how much mental energy I didn't know I was spending until it stopped. Congrats on 31 lbs, the quiet really is the best part.
I'm down about 51 lbs and my turning point was the same - I used to do injection day after a big Sunday roast and paid for it every time. Light dinner the night before plus sipping water until my stomach wakes up has made it a non-event since around month five.
The mental quiet hit me around month six on Wegovy and it still feels like a bonus feature - I expected appetite suppression, not to stop planning my whole day around meals. Down 48 lbs myself and passing the drive-thrus I used to hit in Louisville without a second thought is the strangest good feeling.
Only a few months in and down 18 lbs, but the quiet started way earlier than I expected - I caught myself at the grocery store realizing I hadn't thought about dinner once on the drive there. Feels like getting part of my brain back.
I waited an extra cycle before my last bump just to be sure. My prescriber recommended holding through the holidays and it was smart.
Month 8 was right when I noticed it too - I realized one day I'd left half my lunch on my plate without even thinking about it, which the old me would never have done. The mental quiet was way more dramatic for me than appetite itself, and honestly still feels weird in a good way.
Congrats on 31 lbs, that's great progress by month 8. I'm about 22 down and the head quiet hit me harder than the appetite change too - I used to plan meals in my head all day and now I sometimes have to remind myself to eat at all. Weird but welcome.