I'm not sure if this is where I should post this. After a misdiagnoses of T2 diabetes, and spending 5 days in the hospital 4 years ago 2 of which I don't remember and nearly dieing in the ER. I was told that I never had type 2 I had type 1 and should have been on insulin which I am now and have been for 4 years. I ate properly before that episode and still do but over the last 4 years my weight has crept up. That's what insulin will do for you. Finally I made the choice to go on Ozempic. It will be two weeks tomorrow. After reading posts on this forum it appears that it takes a while for Ozempic to kick in. Any thoughts or tips on that would be appreciated.
My type 1 struggle
Two weeks in with T1 on top of everything else is a lot, so give yourself some grace here. In my case the appetite quieting was subtle at first and didn't really click until weeks 3 or 4. Worth keeping your endo in the loop since insulin and this combo can shift your numbers in ways only you two can track.
The scale barely moved for me the first couple weeks either, then the appetite noise faded around the same 3-4 week mark. Since you're dosing insulin too, definitely log everything and flag any weird lows to your doc - I needed way less of my mealtime insulin once the food cravings dropped off.
Took about a month for me too before the food chatter died down, and I'm down 13 lbs since, so two quiet weeks is normal. The insulin part is worth watching though - once my appetite dropped I was treating lows way more often, so keeping a closer eye on my numbers made a big difference.
I'm on Mounjaro and same deal - barely anything happened my first two weeks, then around week 3 the food noise faded and I'm 56 lbs down since. Also as a fellow insulin user, expect to cut back your mealtime doses once your appetite really drops, because lows sneak up fast when you're eating less.
Hang in there, two weeks of quiet is really normal from what I saw too - I was down about 7 lbs before anything felt obvious, then the appetite quieted around the same few-week mark others mentioned. Also worth agreeing on the lows thing: as a type 1 myself, eating less caught me off guard a few times, so I started checking more often around meals.
Type 1 here on Mounjaro too - my first couple weeks were similarly uneventful, then around week 4 my appetite finally dropped and I'm down 15 lbs since. One thing that helped me once the eating slowed: I run my baseline a touch higher on the sensor so I have more room to play with during the day. Two quiet weeks doesn't mean it isn't working yet.
I'm type 1 too and on Zepbound, and my first weeks were just as quiet before things shifted. My low sugar warnings got way more frequent once my appetite dropped, so I had to dial back my mealtime insulin as I went. Almost 90 lbs down now, so those slow early weeks clearly weren't a sign of nothing happening.
Type 1 on Ozempic here too, and my early weeks were just as quiet before the appetite shift kicked in around week 3 or 4. Worth watching your lows closely as the food noise fades, since eating less caught me off guard a few times. Down about 7 lbs myself so slow starts clearly aren't a sign it isn't working.
Same deal for me, quiet for almost a month before the appetite noise faded, and my endo had me trimming mealtime insulin as I ate less. Type 1 on insulin myself, so I get how the weight crept on. Keep an eye on your CGM alerts when the food slows down.
That ER story is scary, glad you made it through and finally got the right diagnosis. Two weeks in with nothing obvious is normal from what I saw too, appetite change didn't hit me until week 3 or so. Just watch your sugars as your portions shrink, my lows crept up on me once the food noise quieted down.
That misdiagnosis ordeal sounds terrifying, glad you're on the right track now. I'm a few months in and down 35 lbs, but honestly the first couple weeks felt like nothing was happening too. For me the appetite change snuck up around week 3, and eating less on insulin meant I had to pay closer attention to my sugars, so definitely keep an eye on those lows as your portions shrink.
Hang in there, the slow start threw me off too but around week 3 the food noise just dropped off and I'm down 31 lbs since. With T1 on insulin I found smaller portions meant my numbers ran lower than I expected, so I kept a closer eye on things as my appetite shrank. Glad you finally got the right diagnosis after all that.
Four years of fighting that misdiagnosis and still getting your weight moving again is no small thing. I also felt like nothing was happening early on, then around week 3 my appetite just quietly dropped off and I've lost 23 lbs since. As a fellow insulin user, my biggest surprise was needing less insulin once portions shrank, so I started logging everything more closely to stay ahead of lows.
Glad you're finally on the right track after all that. Two weeks in feeling like nothing's happening is normal from what I saw too -- my appetite didn't shift until week 4 or so, and I'm down 13 lbs since. Worth watching your sugars as the doses shrink your meals, since I ran lower than expected once I started eating less.
Two weeks in feeling nothing is pretty standard, mine didn't really click until week 4 either and I'm down about 60 lbs since. Echoing the others here -- on insulin my doses needed dialing back as my portions shrank, so I kept a much closer eye on my sugars those first couple months. Sounds like you've been through enough to handle whatever this drug throws at you.
The wait for it to kick in was the hardest part for me too -- mine finally quieted my food noise around week 5, and I'm 52 lbs down since. With type 1 I'd just add that eating less on this stuff caught me off guard with lows a couple times, so I tested way more often those first months.
Four years on insulin myself and the creep is real, so I get it. Mine didn't do much until around week 4 either, then the portions just shrank on their own -- down 42 lbs since. Only heads up from my own experience: eating way less on insulin snuck some lows up on me early on, so I tested more than usual those first couple months.