Never thought I'd see the scale move like this, and honestly I still step on it twice sometimes just to make sure it's real. Clothes I haven't worn in years actually fit again and my knees have stopped complaining on stairs. For anyone earlier in the journey wondering if the slow weeks mean nothing, trust me it all adds up faster than you expect. How long did it take the rest of you before the shock wore off and it finally felt real?
Hit my first 75 lbs, still in shock
Around 61 down and my head still hasn't caught up, so apparently the shock is just permanent. Mine clicked a little when I bent down to tie my shoes without a full production. Grats on 75, especially since the knees calming down is such an underrated win.
75 lbs is huge, congrats. I'm only 15 down but even that felt unreal for the first month or two, like my brain couldn't catch up to the scale. I still catch myself double checking sometimes, so maybe the shock just becomes the new normal.
43 down here and I still do the double weigh-in, so don't hold your breath on the shock fading. My knees quieted down way before my head did too. Congrats on 75, that's a big one.
At 56 down and still waiting for my brain to catch up too, so you might be in it a while. My moment was crossing my legs in a restaurant chair without thinking about it. Congrats on 75, that's incredible.
Still at 46 down and I catch myself doing the double-tap on the scale too, so maybe it never fully wears off. The knees on stairs thing hit home for me, that was the first sign it was real before my brain caught up. Congrats on 75, that's a milestone worth being shocked about.
21 down and already catching myself grabbing the wrong size off the rack, so I can only imagine 75. Sounds like the body gets there way before the head does for everyone. Congrats, that's a huge milestone.
Congrats on 75, that's a serious number. I'm around 49 down and my brain finally caught up when I grabbed an old jacket off the hook and it zipped without a fight. Maybe the shock fades once the small wins start piling up.
12 down here and I already step on the scale twice every morning, so apparently the doubt never gets cured, it just grows with you. The knee thing gives me hope since mine start every walk with a little grumble. Congrats on 75, that's the kind of number that rewrites your whole self-image.
75 is massive, congrats. I'm only 21 down and already doing the double weigh-in thing, so apparently the disbelief kicks in early and never leaves. Stairs without knee complaints sounds like the dream honestly.
Congrats on 75, that's wild. I'm only about 9 down and already stepping on the scale twice, so apparently the double-check habit starts day one. Hoping my knees get the memo eventually like yours did.
At 20 down I'm still in the disbelief phase, but your post gives me something to look forward to. Stairs are already noticeably easier for me so I can only imagine how good 75 feels. Congrats, that's a serious milestone.
Congrats on 75, that's a huge milestone. I'm only about 12 down on Mounjaro and already double-weighing every morning, so I guess the disbelief just scales up with you. Your knees quitting on the stairs is the kind of NSV I'm holding out hope for with my own walks.
29 down here and I still catch myself weighing twice some mornings, so I think the shock just becomes part of the routine. What got real for me was when my dog's leash walks stopped feeling like a chore around the 25 mark, so your knees probably quit complaining before you even noticed. Enjoy the fitting clothes, that never gets old.
Sixty-six down and I'm right there with you on the double-weighing habit, some mornings I need three readings before I believe it. The stairs were my turning point too, somewhere in the 50s I suddenly realized I wasn't gripping the railing anymore. Congratulations, that's a number worth being in shock about.
Congrats, 75 is wild. I'm around 35 down and even now the scale sometimes looks like a typo, so I can't imagine the day that number shows up. My knees already quieted down around 30, so I totally get the stairs thing.
36 down here and my double-weigh habit has not gone anywhere either, so no advice on when it stops feeling surreal. What did click for me around the 30s was grabbing clothes off the rack without checking sizes first, which felt weirder than the scale honestly. Congrats on 75, that's the kind of number that earns the shock.
75 is a huge milestone, congrats. I'm only 11 down so still early days, but even now stairs feel a little less punishing so I can only imagine where you're at. Honestly the clothes fitting again sounds like the best part.
Congrats on 75, that's a number most people never see come off. I'm only 8 down so far but your line about the slow weeks adding up is exactly what I needed to hear. Still double-checking my scale too, so apparently that habit starts early.