NEW You can now add a photo to your posts and replies — vials, pens, injection sites and progress pics are all welcome. Max 5 MB, and location data is stripped automatically.
Your journey

Hit my first 75 lbs, still in shock

Started by WillowReader · · 30 replies · 496 views
#21

75 is wild, congrats. I'm only about 9 down and still step on the scale twice every time, so apparently the double-check never goes away. The knee thing on stairs is what I'm most looking forward to honestly.

#22

Congrats on 75, that's an amazing milestone. I'm 29 down and the double-checking scale thing is real for me too, though the stairs already feel easier so I get what you mean about it sneaking up on you.

#23

75 is huge, congrats. I'm 11 down and still weigh twice every morning, so apparently that habit is permanent. Glad your knees gave up on complaining, mine are only just starting to quiet down.

#24

I'm right behind you at 70 and still haven't shaken the disbelief either. My knees finally shut up around the 50 mark and I still catch myself taking stairs like it's nothing. Honestly I don't think it ever fully feels real, you just get used to the new normal.

#25

36 down here and the double-weighing thing never went away for me either, so don't hold your breath on that one. The knee relief is real though, mine stopped aching somewhere in the 20s and I still catch myself bracing for pain that never shows up. Congrats on 75, that's a serious milestone.

#27

Congrats on 75, that's a huge one. I'm on the pill version and sitting at 72 down myself, and the disbelief never really left -- I still double-take at old photos more than the scale. The stairs thing hit home too, my knees quit complaining somewhere along the way and it still surprises me.

#28

75 is wild, congrats. I'm only 17 down on tirzepatide but even that small amount already took the edge off my stairs, so I can only imagine how good your knees feel now. The double-weighing thing sounds like it just becomes part of the routine, ha.

#29

Congrats, we're basically twins -- I'm sitting at 76 myself and still catch my reflection in store windows like it's a stranger. For me it took maybe the third or fourth clothing size drop before it stopped feeling like a fluke. The slow weeks really are the ones doing the work in hindsight.

#30

At 44 down I keep catching myself buying the next size down before my brain catches up, so I figure the shock might just be permanent. Knees finally quieted down for me too around 40, and that alone was worth the whole slow stretch. Enjoy the double-takes, you earned every one.

#31

34 down here and the mirror still hasn't caught up with the scale, so I think the shock just becomes permanent. You're right that the slow stretches add up -- those barely-moving weeks were most of my loss so far and it all showed up eventually. Stairs are next on my wishlist, glad yours finally went quiet.

Showing 21–31 of 31 posts

Write your reply…

You'll be asked to create a free account to post — takes a few seconds, and your reply stays right here.
Ask the community

Create a free account

Takes a few seconds — you'll come right back here.

Already have an account? Log in instead.