Sitting at a plateau on Mounjaro after 50 lbs down and trying to decide whether to bump the dose or hold. Are you tracking protein or just eating intuitively.
Mounjaro plateau after 50 lbs - dose bump or wait?
I hit a similar stall around 45 lbs down and held my dose for another six weeks before it broke on its own. Higher protein helped me push through, though I'm nowhere near strict about counting. If the scale's still frozen a month from now, that'd be when I'd consider moving up.
I hit a similar wall around 50 lbs and just waited it out -- it broke after a few weeks without a bump. For me keeping protein high was what finally got things moving again, so I'd check that before changing anything else.
I hit a similar wall around 55 lbs down and just held my dose a few extra weeks -- the scale started moving again on its own. I do track protein loosely, mostly to make sure I'm not sliding on intake during stalls.
Only 33 lbs down myself so no plateau yet, but the pattern here is interesting -- three people who all broke through by just holding. If it were me I'd give it a few more weeks before touching anything.
Our stalls have lined up almost exactly -- mine froze around the 50 lb mark too. I gave it five weeks and kept protein decent without counting every gram, and the whoosh came on its own. If I were still stuck a month out, that's when I'd think about moving up.
I stalled around 30 lbs down and was sure I needed to move up, but gave it three weeks and the whoosh came on its own. Personally I weigh my protein because intuitive eating turned out to mean barely eating on this med, at least for me.
Stalled at 60 down and it broke around week four without touching my 7.5. The desert heat here also kills my appetite even more, so I do track protein or else I'd skip meals entirely. Give it a month before deciding.
Mine broke at 30 down after about three weeks of holding my dose, so I'd wait it out. I also have to keep an eye on protein since the appetite suppression makes it easy to under-eat without noticing.
Stalled at 40 down and it broke on its own after a few weeks without any dose change. I log protein too since I was coming in way under without realizing it.
Stalled around 35 down and nearly bumped, then the scale started moving again two weeks later on the same dose. I started front-loading protein at breakfast since I was under without noticing, and that seemed to help too.
Still early on my journey at 7 lbs down so no plateau wisdom yet, but the pattern here is clear -- three people who waited it out and broke through without a dose change. Watching this thread for when my first stall hits.
Another one for team wait it out here. I hit a three week stall around the 20 lb mark and was tempted to move up early, but held and started dropping again on my own. Also second the protein logging thing -- once I actually tracked, I found I was way low and fixing that made a noticeable difference for me.
Broke a similar stall at around 18 lbs down by upping protein instead of touching my dose, and the whoosh came about a week later. At 50 gone you've earned some patience -- my take is the scale often restarts on its own if the food side is dialed in.
Lost 40 before my first real stall and it broke on its own after about a month of holding steady, so I'd give it a couple more weeks before changing anything. Tracking protein was eye-opening for me too since the appetite suppression had me eating way less than I realized.
I stalled around the same spot on Rybelsus and a scale break ended up being the thing that got things moving again -- realized I was eating far less than I thought once I counted protein for a few days. At 50 lbs gone, a few more weeks of holding sounds like the safer move before changing anything.
Only 15 lbs down myself so no plateau experience yet, but the protein tracking thing keeps coming up in threads like this. I started logging mine a couple weeks ago and was surprised how low it was on suppressed days, so that'd be my first check before touching anything dose-related.
Both of my stalls so far broke within three weeks of doing nothing, and logging protein during the last one showed I was skimping hard on suppressed days. At 24 lbs down I can't speak to the 50 lb stall specifically, but my first move would be a food log week before any dose change.
Down only 8 lbs on Saxenda so far so I'm no plateau expert, but when my loss slowed last month I logged a few days and found my protein was way under what I assumed. Two weeks of actually hitting it got things creeping again without me changing anything med-wise. Seems like the cheapest first step before a dose move.
Fifty down is huge, congrats. I stalled around the 20-something mark and a week of logging showed the same pattern everyone's describing - I was way under on protein during suppressed days. Hitting my numbers restarted things in about ten days, so I'd try that before bumping anything.