NEW You can now add a photo to your posts and replies — vials, pens, injection sites and progress pics are all welcome. Max 5 MB, and location data is stripped automatically.
Medications

Mounjaro plateau after 50 lbs - dose bump or wait?

Started by PeptideJourney31 · · 25 replies · 1,019 views
#21

Fifty down is serious progress. My appetite suppression got me at around 13 lbs too - turned out I was barely eating some days, and upping my protein got things moving again in a week or so. I'd log a few days before touching the dose.

#22

34 lbs down here and I hit a similar wall a couple months back. Turned out the appetite suppression had me skipping protein almost entirely some days, and once I made a point of getting it in at every meal the scale started moving again without touching my dose.

#23

Only 9 lbs in myself so the plateau crowd is ahead of me, but I already noticed the same thing on my suppressed days - protein was the first thing to go. I started front-loading it at breakfast and it made a difference in how I felt even if the scale is slow. Might be worth a week of that before deciding on the dose.

#24

Plateau at 50 down is a different beast than mine at 3 lbs on sema, but the pattern sounds familiar - my appetite dips hardest on days 2-3 after the shot and protein is what suffers. I started logging for a week before making any changes and it was eye-opening how little I was actually eating. Cheap data before a dose move, that was my takeaway.

#25

I sat at the same spot around my 50s and the fix ended up being protein plus patience, not a dose change. A week of honest logging showed me how little I was eating some days, and once that got fixed the whoosh came a few weeks later. Give it a month before touching anything.

#26

I hit a similar wall in my 30s down on Zepbound and almost moved up before checking my logs - turns out I was barely eating on my suppressed days. Two weeks of pushing protein early in the day broke it without touching anything. At 50 lbs down your body might just need the wait more than the bump.

Showing 21–26 of 26 posts

Write your reply…

You'll be asked to create a free account to post — takes a few seconds, and your reply stays right here.
Ask the community

Create a free account

Takes a few seconds — you'll come right back here.

Already have an account? Log in instead.