Just wanted to introduce myself and say hi. Down a bit already and hoping to learn from folks who are further along.
First post - down 30 lbs and wanted to say hi
Nice timing jumping in right around the same mark as some of us here. I'm about 27 down myself and the weirdest part for me has been leaving food on the plate without a second thought -- never thought that would happen. Congrats on starting the thread, the longer-timers here have been great to learn from.
Congrats on the 30 down before even posting, that's a solid start. Down 53 myself on Ozempic and this forum taught me a lot the first few months, so you picked a good spot. What's been the biggest surprise for you so far?
Congrats on the 30, that first stretch feels huge. I'm about a year in and down 55, and the thing I picked up fastest here was how much the food noise quieting changes everything. Welcome aboard.
Congrats on the 30 lbs, that's a solid start. I'm on tirzepatide too and about 17 lbs down, so a bit behind you but the food noise quieting down has been the biggest thing for me. Looking forward to hearing what's worked for you so far.
Congrats on the 30, you're right around where I was a couple months ago and I'm at 39 down now. The food noise thing folks mentioned is real for me too, plan meals and just move on. Stick around, the long-timers' tips on handling stalls are gold.
Welcome, and congrats on the 30. I'm on Trulicity and down 37 myself, and the quieting of food noise hit me around that same mark too. The stall threads here saved my sanity when my scale froze for three weeks, so you're in the right place.
Congrats on the 30 already, that's solid progress for a first post. I'm around 23 down and still working on the quiet-food-brain thing myself, so threads like this one are helpful to read too. The stall tips from folks further along are what I keep coming back for.
Nice work hitting 30 down already. I'm sitting around 50 lost and the biggest thing that carried me through the middle stretch was just trusting the scale to lag sometimes. Welcome aboard, the folks further along here have saved me from panicking over more than one fake stall.
30 down before even getting settled in here is a great start. I'm on Mounjaro, about 14 gone myself, and the lagging-scale thing reply 2 mentioned is real - mine sat still for two weeks while my pants kept getting looser. Stick around, this place keeps the panic down.
Congrats on 30 down, that's a great starting point for a first post. I'm at 39 myself and the food noise quieting around that stretch was the first sign for me it was really working. Stick around for the stall threads, they've talked me off the ledge more than once.
44 down here and I still get those multi-week whoosh pauses where nothing moves then suddenly it does. Sounds like you're already past the hardest part, which for me was the first month of figuring out what my appetite actually was. Congrats on landing here with momentum.
15 down here and second what others said about the scale going quiet for a bit - mine did the same around week six while my belt kept proving otherwise. You've clearly got the hang of it already, so welcome.
16 down here and the scale stalling thing everyone mentioned hit me too - around week five mine froze while my jeans stopped fitting. Sounds like you've got momentum most of us took longer to find.
Down 57 here and that early momentum thing is real - I dropped fast the first couple months then learned to trust non-scale stuff when things went quiet. Welcome, the folks further along in here taught me a lot when I was where you are.
The belt trick is real, mine went quiet around month two too but clothes never lie. Down 15 myself and it's helpful seeing what folks further along say about trusting measurements over the scale. Grats on the start, sounds like you picked it up fast.
Five weeks in myself with about 5 down, so you're still ahead of me. The clothes-before-scale thing people keep mentioning here is encouraging to hear early.
Down 17 here and the scale stalls hit me too, but my jeans stopped lying around month two. Congrats on the 30, that's a solid start to bring to the group.
Down about 25 myself and the jeans test has been way more reliable than the scale for me too. Welcome, and 30 is no small thing to walk in with.
At 32 down over here and the non-scale wins kept me sane through every stall, so you're in a good spot to start. Welcome aboard, the folks further along in here have answered a lot of questions for me.