Currently at 7.5mg on tirzepatide and weighing whether to move up or stay here a bit longer. Did your appetite come back at all on the higher dose. How are you finding the higher dose so far.
Holding at 7.5mg of tirzepatide - when did you climb?
I stalled a few weeks on my current dose before moving up, and the appetite suppression actually got stronger for me, not weaker. Food noise crept back around month three but a bump quieted it again. If 7.5 is still working, I'd ride it as long as you can.
The jump to the next dose was smoother than I feared. Everyone titrates differently, listen to your own body. Bumped up to the next dose this week and feeling good.
I stayed on 7.5 for four months and lost another 20 lbs there, no rush to climb. When the food noise started creeping back, that was my sign to move. If it's still quiet for you, I'd ride it out.
My doctor had me hold until side effects settled. Hydration made a bigger difference than I expected.
Constipation was my big one, magnesium at night helped a ton. Did the nausea ease up after the first few weeks for you?
I sat at 7.5 for almost three months because it was still keeping the food noise quiet, and honestly staying longer was the right call for me. When I did climb, the appetite suppression came right back but the first couple weeks had some queasy days. With 74 lbs gone so far I've learned slower has worked better for me every step of the way.
I sat at 7.5 for almost three months before climbing and it was worth it - that dose kept my food noise quiet the whole time. When I did move up, appetite stayed suppressed better than I expected, though the first week or two I leaned on small frequent meals since heavier food sat rough. Down about 3 lbs since the jump, so no complaints.
Scale didn't move but my rings fit again. How long did the food noise take to quiet down?
I lost most of my 40 lbs on the lower doses and only climbed when food noise came back hard, not on a schedule. If your appetite is still quiet at 7.5, staying put worked great for me.
I climbed off 7.5 only when the food noise started creeping back around week ten, and I'm glad I didn't rush it - most of my 15 lbs came off on the lower doses anyway. When I did move up, appetite stayed pretty quiet, just some queasy days the first week. If 7.5 is still doing its job, there's no hurry in my experience.
Even on Victoza I found the same thing - I stayed at 1.2 way past the point where I could've gone up because it was still keeping the food noise gone, and that patience is most of my 32 lbs. If 7.5 is still working, my experience says let it keep working.
Down 6 lbs myself and this thread is talking me out of rushing anywhere. The food noise hasn't really come back for me at 7.5, so staying put a few more weeks seems like the move. Interesting that nobody here regretted waiting.
I sat at 7.5 for about four months before hunger finally crept back, and the move to 10 was smooth for me - a couple of tired days, nothing worse. Weight loss had slowed to a crawl by then, so that was my cue. If you're still losing steadily, I'd ride it out.
I dragged out 7.5 longer than planned because it kept doing its job, and those last few pounds of my 19 came off slow but steady the whole time. When hunger finally started sneaking back around month three, that was my signal, not the calendar. Sounds like you've got a good read on it already.
I'm on the Wegovy side of things but same principle held for me - I stayed at 1mg way longer than the calendar said because it kept working, and only moved when the hunger noise got loud again. Down 48 lbs and the slow stretches never bothered me near as much as side effects would have. Sounds like your appetite is still quiet, so I'd let 7.5 keep doing its job.
I also got around 19 lbs out of my stretch at that level before the food noise returned, and honestly I was glad I waited instead of jumping on schedule. For me the hunger creeping back was the only signal that mattered. If you're still losing, no rush to climb.
I sat at 7.5 for nearly four months and dropped most of my 39 lbs across my whole run there before hunger crept back. Waiting for appetite to actually return worked way better for me than following the schedule.
I did the same thing you're describing, just on retatrutide at 2mg - stayed put for months until the hunger actually came back, and that stretched my 13 lb loss way further than rushing up would have. If 7.5 is still quieting the food noise for you, that seems like your answer right there.
Lost most of my 34 lbs grinding through the lower doses, but 7.5 was where I finally learned to be patient - stayed until the cravings started whispering again, then moved. If you're still getting decent suppression up there, ride it out. The ladder will still be there when the hunger shows back up.