NEW You can now add a photo to your posts and replies — vials, pens, injection sites and progress pics are all welcome. Max 5 MB, and location data is stripped automatically.
Medications

Zepbound at 12.5mg - side effects finally settling

Started by JasonE81 · · 24 replies · 1,163 views
#2

I stayed at my top Victoza dose instead of chasing more and the appetite did creep back some, but the losses kept coming slow and steady. If 12.5 is finally treating you well, no shame in parking there a while.

#4

I stayed at 12.5 for two extra months and it was the right call for me - the appetite suppression stayed strong and my food noise never really came back. Down around 20 lbs myself and slower loss beat rushing to 15 with rougher sides. If you're still feeling settled here, no shame in riding it out a bit.

#5

I sat at 12.5 for a while before going up and my appetite did creep back a little, but nothing like pre-Zepbound days. I'm down 53 lbs and honestly the slower stretch let my body catch up with fewer stomach issues. No shame in parking at a dose that's finally working for you.

#7

At 12.5 mine was still plenty quiet, appetite only really crept back in the last week before shot day. I stayed put two extra months there and kept losing, so if the side effects are settling it might be worth riding it out. Different for everyone though, some folks do seem to stall until they move up.

#8

On the Ozempic side I had a similar choice at 1mg and stuck there instead of going up - appetite stayed mostly quiet and I've kept losing, down 37 lbs now. If the sides finally settled at 12.5, I'd be tempted to enjoy that for a while too.

#9

I sat at 10 for a while before deciding whether to climb, and staying put let my body catch up - similar down 22 lbs myself. If 12.5 finally stopped knocking you around, that peace might be worth more than whatever the next dose adds.

#10

12.5 was where my sides finally quieted down too, and staying put ended up being the right call - my appetite stayed pretty muted and I kept losing even though I was only about 10 lbs in at that point. Sounds like you've got a good thing going, no need to poke it.

#13

I rode 12.5 for a couple extra months instead of jumping to 15 and never really felt the hunger creep back, which surprised me. Down 43 lbs myself and honestly the steady stretch felt better than chasing the next pen. If you're finally comfortable, that's nothing to rush past.

#14

12.5 worked for months on end for a friend of mine, no hunger sneaking back, so staying put sounds reasonable to me. I'm on the max maintenance of a different med myself (Saxenda 3.0) and honestly the top dose of mine was rougher than the steps before, so comfort where you're at counts for something. Congrats on the 43 lbs too, that's way ahead of my 7.

#15

Staying longer at 12.5 worked for me too. I lost most of my 44 lbs without ever touching the top dose, and the quiet appetite held steady the whole stretch. No regrets letting my body get comfortable before deciding anything.

#16

Staying put worked for me too, even if my losses slowed to a crawl. I'm only down 15 lbs so far, but the weeks I spent tolerating a dose felt way better than white-knuckling the next one. Appetite never came roaring back for me during the stretches I held.

#17

I hung out at a lower dose longer than planned and my 20 lbs came off fine, just slower some weeks. The times I rushed up a step were the ones that wrecked me, so if 12.5 is keeping hunger quiet, that felt worth more to me than chasing the top.

#18

I stalled my own upward climb around where you are and my 44 lbs still came off, just with a few slow weeks mixed in. Appetite stayed quiet for me at that level, so staying put a while longer seems like a fine call. Chasing the top dose never bought me enough to justify the rougher days.

#19

Different med here (oral semaglutide, maxed at 14mg) so I can't speak to the jump you're weighing, but the pattern was the same for me: hunger stayed quiet at my ceiling dose and pushing further just wasn't worth the rough stretch. Down only 2 lbs myself, so take it for what it's worth, but slow and steady at a tolerable level beat chasing numbers every time in my book.

#20

I moved up from 12.5 and hunger did creep back a little for me, but nothing like pre-med days. Down 23 lbs and honestly the jump wasn't a game changer, just a slightly stronger quiet. If you're still feeling it at 12.5, I'd ride it out a few more weeks and see.

Showing 1–20 of 25 posts

Write your reply…

You'll be asked to create a free account to post — takes a few seconds, and your reply stays right here.
Ask the community

Create a free account

Takes a few seconds — you'll come right back here.

Already have an account? Log in instead.