NEW You can now add a photo to your posts and replies — vials, pens, injection sites and progress pics are all welcome. Max 5 MB, and location data is stripped automatically.
Your journey

Slow loser club - 60 lbs over a year

Started by CompoundCuriousCara · · 22 replies · 1,207 views
#3

50 lbs by week 6 is wild, congrats. I'm about a year in at 38 down, so the slower pace is real but it still adds up. Those booth moments are exactly the wins that keep me going.

#4

50 down already is wild, I'm at 34 and thought I was moving fast. The slow and steady crowd in here gets it though, the scale creeping down week after week is what keeps me going. Congrats, that six week belief shift is real.

#5

Four pounds in my first stretch felt discouraging until I realized the scale here moves slower than the forum highlight reels suggest. Watching someone hit 50 while I'm crawling makes posts like yours worth reading - thanks for the reminder that week 6 belief is possible even at my pace.

#6

Fifty down already has me rethinking my own timeline, I'm 21 lbs in and still celebrating every single pound. The belief part hitting around week 6 matches my experience too, that's when I stopped white-knuckling it. Congrats and keep posting these updates.

#7

That week 6 turning point is real - I remember when the mental shift finally clicked for me too, and I'm sitting at 62 down now after a full year on tirzepatide. The pace really does vary person to person, so try not to compare your chart to anyone else's. Congrats on 50, that's a huge milestone.

#8

Funny how we're basically neck and neck - I hit 52 recently and that week 6 click you mentioned is exactly when it stopped feeling temporary for me too. Enjoy this one, 50 is the number that made me finally buy clothes in a smaller size instead of waiting.

#9

15 lbs in and I'm already stealing the smaller-clothes trick for when I get there. Posts like this are why I stopped stressing that my pace is slower than half this forum.

#10

The booth thing hits - I had my own moment fitting into an airplane seat without the belt extension and nearly teared up. Down 19 on Rybelsus myself, slower going since it's oral, but posts like this keep me convinced the slow route still gets there.

#11

Down 2 myself so I'm miles behind everyone here, but honestly seeing a year-long pace like this takes the pressure off. Week 3 for me and I keep waiting for that click you two described. Saving this thread for when I need proof slow still counts.

#12

Slow and steady is exactly how it went for me too - 67 lbs over 14 months on Mounjaro and I kept thinking week 6 felt like the turning point mentally. Congrats on the 50, the pace doesn't matter once the number keeps heading down.

#13

29 down here and still chipping away, so threads like this are my reminder the scale doesn't owe me a timeline. That week 6 mental shift you described was real for me too - one day the doubt just quieted down. Congrats on 50, that's huge.

#14

30 lbs down at week 5 here and the "waiting for the click" thing hit home, because mine came around the same time. Love that you posted at 50 even though the title says 60 - overdelivering already. Threads like this are why I stopped obsessing over weekly numbers.

#15

The doubt-quieting-down thing is so real - I hit my own turning point around week 7 at 26 down and stopped white-knuckling every weigh-in since. Five more to match your title, but honestly posting early just leaves room for the sequel thread. Congrats on 50.

#16

41 down and week 8 for me, so I'm right in that stretch where the doubt is supposed to shut up - nice to see it actually happens. The scale's been slow some weeks but the trend line keeps pointing the right way. Congrats on 50.

#17

The belief shift is the real milestone here, way more than the number on the scale. I'm on a different med and it took me months to stop waiting for the other shoe to drop, so seeing it click for you at week 6 is great. Come back and post the 60 when it lands.

#18

Week 6 and already at the believing stage - I'm only 7 down and still half expecting it to stall out any day, so that part hit me more than the 50 itself. Saving this one to reread when the doubt gets loud again. Congrats on the milestone.

#20

The mental click was the slowest part for me too - I was down maybe 13 before I stopped bracing for it to quit on me, so week 6 feels fast for that part alone. Whatever pace you're on, it's still all forward.

Showing 1–20 of 23 posts

Write your reply…

You'll be asked to create a free account to post — takes a few seconds, and your reply stays right here.
Ask the community

Create a free account

Takes a few seconds — you'll come right back here.

Already have an account? Log in instead.