NEW You can now add a photo to your posts and replies — vials, pens, injection sites and progress pics are all welcome. Max 5 MB, and location data is stripped automatically.
Medications

Zepbound week 4 and down 75 lbs, feeling great

Started by ZepEra30 · · 22 replies · 2,027 views
#2

The burps are brutal, I hear you. What finally took the edge off for me was cutting back on greasy food and sipping ginger tea when they hit, especially the day after my shot. Down 22 lbs myself and still get them occasionally, but way less than early on.

#3

Sulfur burps were brutal for me too on Victoza, mostly after anything greasy. Scaling way back on fried and fatty food plus smaller portions made the biggest difference for me. Ginger chews took the edge off the rest.

#4

Congrats on the 40 lbs, that's huge. Mine flared worst the day after my Zepbound shot, and skipping heavy dinners around injection time is what finally calmed them down for me. Congrats again, week 4 and already crushing it.

#5

Only 13 lbs in myself but the burps hit me the same way, worst right after shot day. Light meals for a couple days around injection plus avoiding anything fried made the biggest difference for me. Congrats on 40, that's no small thing.

#6

40 lbs is amazing progress. I had the same sulfur burp problem around my 28 lb mark and figured out eggs were my trigger, oddly enough -- once I dropped them on shot day they basically stopped. Might be worth tracking which foods set you off since it seems to vary person to person.

#7

Sulfur burps hit me hard too around the same milestone, and the only thing that reliably tamed them was cutting back on greasy takeout the day after my shot. Water alone didn't cut it for me. Congrats on 40, that's a huge chunk of progress.

#8

Down about 54 myself and mine turned out to be greasy takeout, basically gone once I quit it around shot day. Ginger chews took the edge off whatever still snuck through. Worth figuring out your own trigger since it seems random person to person.

#9

40 is huge, congrats! I'm down about 61 now and the burps were brutal for me too -- what saved me was smaller dinners the night before my shot and skipping anything greasy for a couple days after. Egg check is a real thing too, took me months to figure out eggs were one of mine.

#10

75 is incredible, and yeah the burbs are the worst tax on the victory. I'm only down 4 so far so no magic fix from me, but I noticed mine got milder once I stopped eating late at night before shot day. Hoping the greasy-food tip works for you too.

#11

Congrats on 40, that's serious progress. At 13 down myself so still early for me, but eggs turned out to be my main trigger -- the day after my shot they're a no-go now. Greasy food the night before dosing seemed to make it worse too, for whatever that's worth.

#12

81 down here and I still get them, but mine pretty much vanished once I stopped eating anything heavy within a few hours of dosing. Oily stuff the day after is my other trigger. Worth experimenting to find your own pattern, they do get less brutal for a lot of us.

#14

Down almost 80 myself and I'm with you on the greasy food trigger. My burps flare whenever I eat fried anything the day before my shot, so I basically cut it out and they've been rare since. Also found gum makes mine worse, weirdly.

#15

Only a couple months in myself, but I noticed the same pattern with fried food before shot day. Smaller dinners and nothing greasy the night before made a big difference for me too.

#16

Down 48 myself and the sulfur burps finally faded once I stopped eating late and skipped anything heavy the night before my shot. Ginger chews helped take the edge off the ones that still showed up. Congrats on the 40, that's a huge milestone.

#17

Only 17 lbs in myself so still early days, but the fried food thing holds up on my end too. I stopped greasy takeout a couple days before injecting and the burps basically vanished. Slower meals help me too when I slip up.

#19

The greasy food connection is real for me too, only about 10 lbs in but a burger the night before my shot guaranteed burps all next day. Eating dinner earlier has been the one thing that keeps them mostly away. 40 lbs is seriously impressive, congrats.

Showing 1–20 of 23 posts

Write your reply…

You'll be asked to create a free account to post — takes a few seconds, and your reply stays right here.
Ask the community

Create a free account

Takes a few seconds — you'll come right back here.

Already have an account? Log in instead.