I've been on semaglutide for week 4 now at 1.7mg and the scale has completely stalled. Did anyone else hit a wall around here, and what got things moving again?
semaglutide plateau at 75 lbs down - what worked?
I stalled around the same point and honestly it broke after a couple weeks of just staying consistent, no changes needed. The scale sat still but my measurements kept shrinking, so worth tracking inches if you aren't already. Upping my water and protein made a difference for me too.
Stalls at week 4 on 1.7 are pretty common from what I saw in my own log - my loss went flat for about three weeks right after titrating up, then dropped again out of nowhere. Upping my water and protein seemed to be what got me unstuck. Stick with it, the whoosh usually comes.
A stall at 4 weeks seems early to call a plateau, my losses came in chunks with quiet weeks between even at 26 lbs down. I upped my protein and water during the slow stretches and the scale eventually picked back up on its own.
75 lbs by week 4 sounds like early water weight coming off fast, so a pause is pretty normal from what I saw on my own scale. Mine stalled around week 3 and started creeping down again after about ten days without changing anything. Keeping protein up helped me feel like I wasn't just waiting around.
My whoosh came around week 5 on 1.7 after about ten days of nothing, so four weeks is still early to stress. I was down 36 lbs total by then and the quiet stretches always scared me until I learned my losses come in waves too. Keep protein and water up and try not to weigh daily if the number messes with your head.
I had the same kind of flat stretch around that point in my titration and it was brutal after dropping 56 lbs steady, but mine broke about two weeks in with a bigger drop than usual. Now I just expect the quiet weeks and keep a running monthly average instead of staring at daily numbers.
I stalled for about two weeks right after moving up to 1.7 too, at around 30 lbs down, and it broke with a bigger drop than I expected. Tracking weekly averages instead of daily weigh-ins kept me sane during the quiet stretch. Mine definitely comes in waves, so give it a bit more time.
I'm only 14 lbs down so I'm behind you on the journey, but even I've had a dead week that ended with a surprise drop, so I can only imagine the scale going quiet after 75. Watching the monthly trend instead of daily numbers is what keeps me sane too.
Mine stalled about three weeks right after my 1.7 step-up too, then dropped 4 lbs in one week like my body was saving it up. For me, bumping protein and a longer daily walk seemed to coincide with it breaking, though who knows if that was the cause. At 75 down your loss is way from over.
Stalls after a dose step-up seem pretty common from what folks here describe, so 4 weeks might just be your body recalibrating. I'm only 20 lbs down myself, but my losses come in whooshes too, and the scale going quiet for a stretch usually ended in a bigger drop. One thing I noticed at my size: upping protein helped me keep energy up even when the scale wasn't moving.
My 3-week stall at 1.7 also broke right after I stopped obsessing over daily weigh-ins and pushed water plus protein harder. Down 24 total now and the pattern held - quiet scale, then a whoosh. Four weeks isn't a wall, it's just a long exhale.
Stalled hard at 1.0 for almost a month myself, and it broke the same week I stopped weighing every morning. Down 31 now and the quiet stretches always ended in a drop eventually. At 75 gone your body probably just needs a beat to catch up.
My stalls never lasted past a few weeks, and at 38 down I've noticed they hit right when my body seemed to be redistributing anyway - clothes fitting different while the scale sat still. Protein at every meal is what I credit for pushing through mine. Give it a bit, the whoosh usually shows up when you stop waiting for it.
75 down in 4 weeks is wild progress, so a pause makes sense. I got stuck around week 6 and it turned out I was barely eating some days - once I made myself hit a protein target the scale started dropping again. Might be worth tracking what you're actually taking in during the stall.
I hit a similar wall around 40 down and it turned out I'd let my calories creep way low without noticing. Adding more protein and a couple extra hundred calories a day got things moving again within a week or two. Stalls at your size seem pretty normal from what I've seen here.
Stalled around the 30 lb mark myself for almost three weeks, and it turned out to be my own doing - on 1.7 I had zero appetite and was barely eating, which I think made my body hold on. Once I started tracking intake, the drop picked right back up. A four week stall after losing that fast honestly sounds like your body just catching its breath.
Only 17 down for me on tirzepatide so I can't speak to that pace, but my two-week stall at around 10 lbs broke the same way others described - I realized my appetite was gone and I was under-eating badly. Bumping food back up got the scale moving again within days. Worth checking your intake before assuming the med quit on you.
Four weeks is barely a blip - I've had stalls last longer than that with only a fraction of your loss so far. The others' point about under-eating is worth checking though, my appetite disappeared fast and I only figured it out when I finally tracked a week of intake.</arg_value> известных
Down 14 on Rybelsus so my pace is way slower than yours, but I hit the same wall a couple months in and it was 100% under-eating - once I made myself eat actual protein the whoosh came back. At 75 lbs down your body is probably just recalibrating too. Give it a couple more weeks before assuming anything's wrong.