Week 1 nausea has me questioning everything. How long did it take before it eased up for you, and what actually helped in the meantime?
Week 1 nausea - how long until it eased for you?
Nausea was rough for me the first 10 days or so, then it faded fast. Small bland meals and ginger tea got me through the worst of it, and I'm down 7 lbs so it was worth pushing through.
Mine was worst on 2.5 and mostly gone by week 3, pretty much disappeared once I moved to 5. Small bland meals and ginger tea got me through the rough evenings. Hang in there, the first weeks are the hardest part.
Nausea hit me hardest in week one on sema too and faded by week three. Small bland meals and sipping ginger tea were the only things that got me through, plus I stopped eating past the point of full even if food looked good. Hang in there, it really does get better.
My worst stretch was days 4-7, then it eased off a lot by the second week. The one thing that made a real difference for me was stopping meals before I felt full, since pushing past that point was what triggered it most. Nearly a year in and 47 lbs gone, and I barely think about nausea now.
Mine lined up with yours almost exactly - worst around day 5, mostly gone by week two. What saved me was keeping meals tiny and boring, because the few times I ate a normal-sized dinner it came right back up. 16 months out now and the nausea is a distant memory.
Mine peaked around day 5 and was mostly gone by the time I hit week two. Crackers and staying upright after meals got me through the rough evenings, and I'm down 32 lbs now and barely remember how bad that first week felt.
Mine was rough the first week or so, then it faded pretty fast once I learned to stop eating way before full. Small bland meals in the evenings were my lifeline too. Almost 4 months in and down 22 lbs, and the nausea is basically gone for me now.
The queasy stretch was worst for me around days 2-3 after the shot, then it backed off once I stopped treating dinner like dinner - more like crackers and soup. Six weeks in, down 6 lbs, and evenings are mostly normal again. Hang in there, week 1 was the peak for me.
The day 5 peak seems to be a real pattern for a lot of us. For me the turning point was cutting my evening portions in half - my stomach just couldn't handle anything close to normal dinners that first week. Six weeks in and down 20 lbs now, and the queasy evenings are rare.
My worst stretch was days 3-6, then it faded fast once I quit trying to eat my old dinner portions - tiny bland meals only for a while there. Ginger tea helped me more than I expected too. Eight months in now and down around 77 lbs, and I honestly can't remember the last queasy evening.
My rough patch was also the first week, worst in the evenings, and it faded once I stopped forcing real meals and just grazed on plain stuff like toast and broth. Ginger chews were my go-to in the car. Give it another week or two - by month two I barely thought about it, and now I'm down 53 lbs with the queasiness long gone.
The days 2-4 window after my shot was rough too, and greasy food made it way worse for me. I basically lived on toast and applesauce that first week and it passed within a couple weeks. Down about 9 lbs since starting and the queasy evenings are rare now.
Mine hit hardest on day 3 and I made the mistake of having a burger that night, never again. Small handfuls of plain stuff every couple hours got me through, and by week 3 I was eating mostly normal again. Down 4 lbs so far and the queasy evenings have already gotten way less frequent.
Mine peaked the first week and then dropped off fast around week 2 - the biggest thing for me was eating way less at once and skipping anything heavy, which lines up with what others here found. Small frequent bites of boring food got me through, and at 30 lbs down the nausea is basically a non-issue now. Hang in there, the first stretch really is the worst of it for most of us.
Mine eased around week 2 on Mounjaro and now at 7.5 I only get queasy if I eat too fast. Ginger chews and keeping crackers by the bed got me through those first evenings - worth a try since it clearly worked for you too with the small frequent bites. Down 67 lbs and honestly the worst side effect days feel like a distant memory.
Mine eased up around day 10 or so - the turning point for me was swapping my usual coffee for crackers and ginger tea in the mornings. Greasy stuff was my trigger too, so I kept meals bland and tiny until my stomach caught up. Three weeks in and I only get a little queasy if I overeat now.
What's your current titration schedule looking like? The mental side is harder than people admit. Plateaus are the worst, hang in there.
The queasy stretch was rough for me too but it faded somewhere in week 2, and the worst days never came back the same way. Small plain meals and skipping anything fried made a huge difference for me. You're only a week in so give your stomach a bit more time to adjust.
First week was my worst too and by week 3 it mostly settled, so there's a good chance yours will follow the same curve. I lived on toast and broth those first days and learned the hard way that eating past fullness brought it all right back. Worth checking if you're eating too fast as well - slowing down helped me more than anything I cut out.