Currently at 10mg on compounded tirzepatide and weighing whether to move up or stay here a bit longer. I stayed on the starter dose an extra month and it was the right call.
compounded tirz at 10mg - side effects finally settling
I stayed on the starter dose an extra month and it was the right call. Just hit my first 20 lbs and I can't believe it.
Sounds like your patience at the lower doses paid off. I stalled on side effects around the middle doses too and staying put an extra few weeks made 10 way more tolerable for me. If hunger is still controlled and the downsides are fading, no rush in my book.
Staying an extra month on a lower dose before moving up was smart. I did the same thing and it made the jump way easier on my stomach. If 10 is treating you well, no shame in parking there a while.
Staying put at a dose that's working beats chasing the next number, in my experience. I lingered longer than planned too and still ended up down 41 lbs, so slow clearly didn't hurt me any.
Staying put at a dose until the side effects calm down is what worked for me too -- I lingered two extra months at 7.5 and still dropped steadily. Forty pounds down now and honestly the slow ramp made all the difference. No rush to move up if 10 is treating you well.
Down 62 lbs myself on Saxenda, so I know the value of going slow - I crawled up that titration schedule too. Sounds like 10 is doing its job if the side effects are settling, and staying put while it works beats chasing a bigger number.
Down 33 lbs on Victoza myself, so I get the temptation to keep climbing, but staying put until the side effects fully quiet down worked way better for me than rushing. No shame in parking at 10 if appetite is doing its job.
How's your energy been lately. Hit goal weight this morning, still in shock.
Lost 8 lbs my first month and the food noise is gone. Titrating slowly is so underrated, no rush to climb.
Staying at 10 a while longer sounds smart if the side effects are just now quieting down. I rushed a step up once and paid for it, so I've learned to let each dose settle first. Congrats to whoever just hit goal, that's huge.
I stalled out early too, only a few pounds down at first, but hanging at each dose until things calmed down made all the difference for me. If 10 is finally feeling decent, I'd milk it for all it's worth before even thinking about the next step.
I sat at 10 for six weeks myself and it was worth it, appetite control was already solid so there was no reason to push. Down 45 lbs and still in no hurry to climb. If side effects just settled, I'd ride that out.
Riding a dose that's finally working beats chasing a number on the pen, in my experience. I lingered at my sweet spot too and kept losing steadily the whole time. If 10 is keeping appetite quiet without the rough stuff, staying put a while seems like a win.
I'm on the max liraglutide dose and even there I learned the hard way that pushing sooner never got me better appetite control, just rougher days. Staying at 10 until it's boring sounds like the right instinct to me, that's what got me through the slower stretches on my way to 41 down.
The way I see it, 70 lbs in and I never rushed a step up once things were working, and the losses kept coming anyway. If 10 has your hunger handled and the side effects finally backed off, that's your answer right there.
Going slow on titration made all the difference for side effects.
Sipping water all day instead of chugging it helped my stomach. Peppermint tea settled my stomach on the worst nights.
Woke up, weighed in, and just sat there smiling for a minute. Down another 1.8 lbs this week and holding steady.
Down 25 lbs and my knees genuinely thank me daily. This is only my personal experience, nothing more.