NEW You can now add a photo to your posts and replies — vials, pens, injection sites and progress pics are all welcome. Max 5 MB, and location data is stripped automatically.
Medications

compounded tirz at 12.5mg - side effects finally settling

Started by VelvetHeron · · 20 replies · 592 views
#4

I was in the same spot at 12.5 and almost moved up, but my whoosh came around week five or six too — ended up dropping another size without touching anything. I'd ride it out a few more weeks before deciding.

#5

My stall at 12.5 lasted almost two months and then Whoosh of 7 lbs showed up out of nowhere. If the side effects only just calmed down, I'd want to enjoy that for a while before shaking things up again. Worked out for me anyway.

#6

Same story here, my break at 12.5 showed up right when I'd stopped expecting it, around week seven. Since your side effects just settled, that seems like a reason to stay put and let your body catch up. Plenty of time to move up later if the stall drags on.

#7

I sat at 12.5 for six weeks of nothing, then lost 5 lbs the week I'd finally talked myself into staying put. Since your side effects just settled, that alone seems like a reason to give it another month.

#10

Plateaus at 12.5 wore me down too until I remembered I'm down 27 lbs that I couldn't lose before. Since your side effects just calmed down, I'd let things stabilize another month before adding any more stress to your system.

#11

I'm on the Ozempic train at a low dose myself, but the stall mentality is the same - I only moved up after two full months of no movement, and by then the whoosh had already started again. You just got your side effects to calm down, so riding it out a bit longer sounds reasonable to me.

#12

I stalled about six weeks at 12.5 while my body adjusted, then whoosh, another few pounds gone. After dropping 35 lbs I figure my maintenance needs changed too, so the slower loss kind of makes sense. I'd give it a solid month of stable eating and no side effects before deciding either way.

#13

I'm only about 9 lbs into this whole thing so take it for what it's worth, but the stalls I've hit so far always broke on their own if I just kept doing what I was doing. Since you finally feel decent again, I'd hate to see that traded for a rougher dose right during a plateau. Gives you your answer either way in a few weeks.

#14

The stall breaking right when the side effects calmed down is exactly how it went for me at 12.5. I sat there maybe five weeks with nothing, then dropped 3 lbs in one week without changing anything. Given how rough the last bump was for you, I'd ride this one out a bit longer before deciding.

#15

Lost 66 lbs myself and every time I got impatient and moved up early, the side effects knocked me sideways for weeks. The stalls that felt permanent ended up breaking on their own if I just kept eating the same way. You already paid your dues on the rough bump - I'd give it another month before touching anything.

#16

Down 49 myself and the only plateaus that ever stuck around were the ones I tried to fix. Since you just got the side effects to quit, staying put at 12.5 for another month sounds like the low-risk call. If nothing moves by then you'll at least know it wasn't just a longer stall.

#17

At 56 down I've learned my stalls usually broke around week four or five if I just left them alone. You literally just got comfortable at 12.5 - moving up now would reset all that misery for me every time. Give it a few more weeks and see.

#19

My stalls on Rybelsus always broke on their own once I stopped messing with things, and honestly the appetite quieting down after an adjustment was worth protecting. Since your side effects just settled at 12.5, I'd give it a month before touching anything.

#20

I'm down 15 lbs and every plateau I've panicked over ended up breaking on its own, usually right when I was about to change something. Since you finally feel decent at 12.5, staying put seems like the move - my appetite control was never worth the rough weeks that came with a bump.

Showing 1–20 of 21 posts

Write your reply…

You'll be asked to create a free account to post — takes a few seconds, and your reply stays right here.
Ask the community

Create a free account

Takes a few seconds — you'll come right back here.

Already have an account? Log in instead.