I have been stuck for about six weeks even though my total loss is sitting around 53 lbs, which feels so strange after months of steady drops. I keep wondering if my body just needs time to adjust or if this is the moment people talk about asking their doctor about moving up. For those of you who hit a wall after a big stretch, did waiting it out work for you, or did things only restart after a change? Curious how long you gave it before you decided one way or the other.
tirzepatide plateau after 20 lbs - dose bump or wait?
The bump was way less dramatic for me than the horror stories made it seem - some queasy evenings that first week, then it settled. Worth it to break the stall I was stuck in around the same 15 lb mark. Keep crackers by the bed just in case.
I sat at a standstill for about five weeks around the 50 lb mark and it broke on its own without any change, so I'd give it a bit more time. Whooshes came back out of nowhere for me after that. Six weeks is long enough that it's worth a conversation with your doctor if nothing moves soon, though.
The bump week was the worst part for me too, but it faded after a few days and things started moving again. I stalled around a similar spot before my increase, so the wait-it-out-or-bump tension is real. Taking it with something plain like toast and staying on top of water got me through.
I'm not far ahead of where you started - down 29 lbs and watching for my first real stall. From what my group chat friends described, several waited five or six weeks and then dropped again without touching anything, so I'd give it at least another week or two of weighing less often before making the call. If it hits two months, that doc conversation seems like the natural next step anyway.
My first bump came at a 20-something stall too and it was honestly smoother than I'd talked myself into fearing - one queasy evening, then back to business, and I've dropped over 50 since. Worst case is a few off nights and you go right back down if you need to, nothing permanent about it. Let us know how the morning goes.
I was stalling around 20 down too when I moved up, and the bump week turned out to be one rough night and then smooth sailing. Been way past it since, and I'm down about 35 total from Miami heat and smaller portions. The dread was worse than the actual days.
I sat at the same weight for almost two months around the 50-lb mark and thought for sure I was done losing, then it started moving again on its own. Turned out my body just needed a breather after that big run. Yours might be doing the same since six weeks is still early.
Six weeks isn't long at all by what I've seen here - reply 3's two-month breather tracks with stories I've read from others who restarted on their own. I'm only a few pounds in so no stall wisdom of my own yet, but if you're at 53 down your body may just be recalibrating after a big run. No shame in asking your doctor about options if it drags past a couple more months though.
Bumped at a 20 lb stall too and it was maybe one rough evening, nothing like the horror stories I'd talked myself into. Down 30 since and that dose change was a non-event looking back. Hope yours is just as boring.
I stalled around the same point after dropping 40-something and gave it a full eight weeks before anything changed - turns out my loss picked back up on its own with zero adjustments. Six weeks would have felt like forever too, but I'd wait it out a bit longer before touching anything.
My stalls (on the pill version, so slower going overall) broke when I stopped weighing daily and just gave it a few more weeks. Down only 7 myself so I can't speak to a 53 lb wall, but eight weeks seems to be the magic patience window for a lot of folks here before deciding anything.
Oral med user here (on the max tablet dose) so no bump days for me, but the stall pattern sounds familiar - mine broke around week three of just staying consistent. Sounds like the dread is the worst part based on what others said, not the day itself. Hope tomorrow is as boring as everyone's predicting.
Mine broke at week five on 7.5 after thinking the ride was over, no changes made, just kept eating like I had been. With a 53 lb run behind you a six week quiet stretch makes sense before the whoosh. If you're still stuck around week eight or nine that's when I'd start asking questions.
Similar spot here, stalled six weeks around 54 down and almost gave up right before it broke. Did nothing different, just kept eating the same and drinking more water, and the drop showed up a few days later. Give it until week eight before chasing a change.
I stalled about five weeks at 34 down and it broke on its own without touching anything, so I'd lean toward waiting a bit longer. Six weeks with 53 lbs lost feels like your body recalibrating more than anything being broken. If you hit eight or nine weeks stuck, that seems like the point where others started asking questions.
My stall at 15 down was shorter but it broke while I kept everything the same, just had to stop weighing daily and trust it. With 53 gone your body probably has more recalibrating to do than mine did. I'd give it to week eight like others said before looking at changes.
Only a few pounds in myself so take it for what it's worth, but reading this thread it sounds like six weeks is well within normal territory for people who eventually broke through without changing anything. Both of my stalls so far resolved on their own, though they were shorter. The eight week mark seems like a reasonable personal deadline if you want one.
Everyone titrates differently, listen to your own body. My last check-up came back looking great. My doctor had me hold until side effects settled.
I had a stretch like that after a long run of drops and it broke on its own around week seven with nothing changed except more patience. At 53 down I imagine your body has a lot of adjusting to do, so eight weeks sounds like a sane cutoff before even thinking about a move.