NEW You can now add a photo to your posts and replies — vials, pens, injection sites and progress pics are all welcome. Max 5 MB, and location data is stripped automatically.
Medications

tirzepatide plateau after 20 lbs - dose bump or wait?

Started by RuthJ31 · · 26 replies · 1,548 views
#21

Mine broke around week nine after a similar stretch, no changes at all, so I'd give it a bit more time before deciding anything. Six weeks feels endless when you've been watching steady drops for months, but your body is doing a lot of catching up at this point.

#22

Same here, my first bump turned out to be a total non-event and I'd psyched myself out over nothing. The stories in this group are mostly the rare bad ones, so the sample is skewed. Worst case for me was one rough night, then back to normal.

#23

Only 15 down myself so I'm watching threads like this to know what's ahead, but the pattern here is striking -- multiple people stalled around your point and it broke on its own by week seven to nine. I'm at about week three of a slow stretch and leaning toward just riding it out like you're doing.

#25

Stalled at a similar spot on 5mg myself and it broke around week eight without any change, so six weeks in I'd probably give it a couple more before worrying. Down 35 lbs so far and this is the longest quiet stretch I've had, which I'm choosing to read as my body catching up.

#26

My longest stall so far was five weeks at around the 24 lb mark and it cleared on its own right after that, so the six-week mark you're at doesn't scream "change needed" to me yet. I'd probably give it until week eight or nine like the others said before making any moves.

#27

My longest stall was about seven weeks around the 30 lb mark and it broke on its own with no changes at all, so I'd lean toward waiting another couple weeks. If you're still flat by week nine or ten, that might be the point where a conversation with your doctor makes sense.

Showing 21–27 of 27 posts

Write your reply…

You'll be asked to create a free account to post — takes a few seconds, and your reply stays right here.
Ask the community

Create a free account

Takes a few seconds — you'll come right back here.

Already have an account? Log in instead.