Side effects finally easing up as of today on Mounjaro. Sharing for anyone earlier in the process who needs to hear it gets better.
Holding at 10mg of tirzepatide - when did you climb?
Same experience here, the 10mg side effects faded for me around week three and I ended up staying put longer than planned because the loss kept coming. Nothing wrong with letting a dose do its job before climbing.
Glad the rough patch is behind you. I stalled at 10 for a good stretch and lost another 20 pounds there before ever moving up, so no rush if it keeps working. Nice of you to flag it for the newer folks too.
Glad the rough patch is behind you. I'm still on 2.5 and the first few weeks hit me pretty hard, so hearing it settles down by 10 is reassuring. Only down 3 lbs so far but the appetite quieting down already feels like progress.
Sounds familiar - I had a similar stretch where 10 suddenly felt tolerable after weeks of misery. I ended up parking there too since 14 lbs came off without ever feeling the need to climb. Sometimes the dose you're on is already doing the work.
Ten was where things clicked for me too, and I sat there way longer than I thought I would since almost 19 lbs came off without rushing anywhere. Nice to see someone else finding their groove instead of pushing through misery.
Say, Constipation was my big one, magnesium at night helped a ton.
Glad the sides are letting up. I'm still working through 7.5 on Zepbound and hoping I get that same turning point soon - reading threads like this keeps me from rushing to climb. Also seconding the magnesium tip, it made a difference for me too.
I lingered at 7.5 longer than planned too, and honestly that patience paid off when I finally moved up. The appetite quieting down made the whole thing feel sustainable instead of like white-knuckling it. Hope your turning point shows up soon.
I hung out on 10 for a good stretch too and it ended up being the dose that really carried me - most of my 49 lbs came off without ever needing to push higher. Side effects mellowing out around week 4-5 was the same pattern I had. Staying put a while was worth it.
Still chipping away at my own climb, down around 45 lbs, and I remember the exact week the 10 side effects backed off - night and day difference. Staying put until the hunger creeps back has been the move for me so far.
10 was where the clouds lifted for me too, and I never needed to go past it on my way to 57 down. Sticking with a dose that finally feels livable beats rushing the ladder every time.
Same timeline here, the turn around week 4ish on 10 was when I stopped dreading shot day. I've dropped 43 lbs without going up either, so no rush from my corner.
The week the rough patch lifts on 10 is such a relief, congrats. I'm on the pill form maxing out at 14 and had my own turn where shot-day dread faded, down 14 so far - slower pace, same feeling. Hearing nobody here felt pushed to climb higher is honestly comforting.
Only 4 lbs in so far but reading that the rough patch lifts around 10 gives me something to aim for. Glad you hit the other side of it.
Still early on my end too, about 15 down and not feeling any pull to go past my current dose. Good reminder that staying put while the side effects settle is a real option, not a failure.
So proud of you. You're setting a great example for the rest of us. Here for all of this progress.
Glad the worst of it passed for you. I'm only a few pounds in myself and the queasy stretch had me wondering if I'd made a mistake, so posts like this help. Staying on my current dose for now seems like the smarter play anyway.
The rough patch passing was the same turning point for me on semaglutide, around the time I'd dropped most of my 49 lbs. No rush to climb if food noise is quiet and you're trending down where you are.
Ask your prescriber about splitting the increase if it feels like too much at once.