NEW You can now add a photo to your posts and replies — vials, pens, injection sites and progress pics are all welcome. Max 5 MB, and location data is stripped automatically.
Your journey

10 lbs down - before and after mindset shift

Started by TitraMaxxing · · 22 replies · 1,125 views
#2

That shock feeling when the scale finally shows goal is real, I remember staring at mine thinking it had to be wrong. Congrats on getting there, and nice that your mindset shifted along the way too.

#3

That "it has to be wrong" double-take at the scale never gets old. I had the same disbelief around goal after losing 45 lbs and it took weeks to actually believe the number. Enjoy the moment, you earned it.

#4

Huge congrats, goal weight already while I'm only a month-ish in at 4 lbs down is wild to read but so motivating. The mindset part is what I'm noticing most too, food noise just isn't running the show anymore. Hope the shock wears off into pride soon.

#5

That first weigh-in at goal after months of doubting it would happen is such a surreal moment, congrats. For me the food noise faded gradually around the same stretch where losses slowed, not all at once, so don't worry if it takes a while. 32 lbs down here and maintenance still feels weirdly new every day.

#6

Still chasing that moment myself at 33 down, so seeing someone actually land on goal is a nice jolt of motivation. The surreal part seems to stick around based on what others here are saying, which is almost reassuring. Congrats, soak it in.

#7

Congrats on landing at goal. I'm about 40 down and still can't picture that scale moment, so posts like this make it feel actually reachable. Maintenance sounds like its own adjustment from what others are saying here.

#9

Congrats on hitting goal. I'm only 9 down so the finish line still feels pretty far off, but seeing you actually get there helps. Curious how the mindset part settles in now that the number's reached.

#10

Congrats, that first goal scale moment must feel surreal. I'm barely 2 lbs in so the number still feels imaginary from where I sit, but it's wild how you went from 10 lbs down to goal so fast. Hope you'll post again once the mindset part catches up to the scale.

#11

Congrats, that scale moment is the one I keep replaying in my head at 26 down. The mindset lag is real for me too -- I still reach for bigger sizes out of habit. Post an update when your brain catches up, curious if that ever fully happens.

#13

The habit of grabbing old sizes is one I still fight at 62 down on Ozempic, so the brain catching up is a slow process for sure. Savor the shock, it's a good problem to have.

#14

Goal weight already, that's huge - I remember staring at the scale in disbelief when I finally got there after years of it creeping up. The maintenance crowd in this thread gives me hope I can hold it too. Congrats!

#15

Getting to goal at 10 down is wild speed, congrats. I hit mine around the 50 lb mark and the disbelief stuck around for a good while too - even now the scale feels like it's lying sometimes. Stick around the maintenance threads, they're what keep me steady.

#17

Still chasing my own goal at 41 lbs down on Trulicity, so reading this gave me a boost. The scale-disbelief thing is real - I weigh myself twice most mornings because it still feels like a glitch. Hope you'll post over in maintenance so the rest of us can see what the landing looks like.

#18

Two lbs in on my own stuff and still early days, but seeing someone reach goal this fast makes the slow start easier to sit with. That disbelief thing sounds familiar already and I've barely lost anything. Post the maintenance update when you do - people like me three steps behind need to see the landing.

#19

54 lbs in myself so the shock never fully wore off either - I still grab my old jeans sometimes just to confirm they're really that big on me now. Congrats on hitting goal, and hope you do post that maintenance update so we can see what the landing looks like.

Showing 1–20 of 23 posts

Write your reply…

You'll be asked to create a free account to post — takes a few seconds, and your reply stays right here.
Ask the community

Create a free account

Takes a few seconds — you'll come right back here.

Already have an account? Log in instead.