NEW You can now add a photo to your posts and replies — vials, pens, injection sites and progress pics are all welcome. Max 5 MB, and location data is stripped automatically.
Your journey

20 lbs down - before and after mindset shift

Started by SemaEra3 · · 16 replies · 1,512 views
#2

At 24 lbs down I'm starting to see the same thing in my arms, so this thread is helpful. What helped me was reframing loose skin as proof of the work rather than a flaw. Slower loss seemed to give my skin a bit more time to catch up, for whatever that's worth.

#3

I'm way behind you at 6 lbs down on Saxenda, but I already read every "before and after" post looking for the skin reality check, so thanks for being honest about it. Around here I figure slow is the name of the game anyway at 1.2, so maybe that works in our favor. Following to see what the 50+ crowd says.

#4

Down 22 on Zep myself and noticing it in my stomach too. What's helped me is focusing on how much easier everything feels now versus how the skin looks. From what I've read in here, some of it firms up over the following year, so I'm trying not to judge it too early.

#5

Down 27 myself and the loose skin hit me around the 40 mark too, mostly arms and stomach. What helped me was giving it a full year before deciding anything, because mine looked way different at month 12 than month 3. Also second the energy thing - being able to get through a workday without a 3pm crash beats how the mirror looks.

#6

Down 18 on Zep so far and already seeing it in my lower belly, so this thread is helping me set expectations early. Hearing that a year made a real difference for you is encouraging - I'll try not to judge mine at the halfway point. And yeah, I've noticed my afternoon slumps are basically gone and that's worth more than the mirror right now.

#7

Down about 25 myself and the arm thing hit me around the same point. What surprised me most at this stage is how much of it is just getting used to a different body in the mirror, the skin being only part of it. Congrats on the 50, that's a serious milestone.

#8

Down 66 here and honestly the skin on my inner thighs bothered me more than my arms ever did. What I learned is that slow maintenance phases gave my body time to settle, and things I hated at 6 months looked way less dramatic a year in. Give yourself the same grace you gave the scale.

#9

Down 15 on Wegovy so far, so I'm early in this, but saving the "judge at a year, not month 3" idea for myself. The energy angle rings true already - my old 2pm vending machine habit is just gone. Reading everyone's timelines here makes the wait feel less scary.

#10

Down 44 and my arms are the stubborn spot for me too. What helped was stopping progress photos for a couple months - when I came back to them the difference was way less jarring than checking daily. At the one year mark things had firmed up more than I expected, still not perfect but way more livable.

#11

I'm only about 20 down so the loose skin question feels far off for me, but reading that it looks different at a year than at 6 months is honestly reassuring. Pausing the progress photos is something I might steal since I check weekly and nitpick everything. Congrats on 50, that's no small thing.

#12

Down 15 on Rybelsus myself, so take it for what it's worth, but I've made peace with skin being the last thing to catch up. My mom lost a similar amount and hers kept improving for a good two years after she stopped losing. Noticing the little things like my rings fitting looser keeps me patient while the rest catches up.

#13

I'm only 24 down but the rings thing hit home - mine spin around constantly now and it's a weird little victory. Also a fan of spacing out the progress pics, checking weekly was making me crazy so I switched to monthly.

#14

At 38 down I'm in the same boat - the skin definitely lags behind everything else, but like others said it kept changing long after my loss slowed. Monthly photos saved my sanity too, weekly ones had me obsessing over nothing. Rings spinning is such a weirdly satisfying milestone.

#15

Congrats on 50, that's a huge shift. For me, accepting that skin moves on its own timeline took the pressure off - it kept subtly changing for over a year after my scale stalled. Strength training helped me feel better about how everything looked too, even if it didn't fix everything.

#16

Down about 48 myself so I'm right there with you on the loose skin question. What's surprised me most is how long things kept shifting - my stomach looked different at month 8 than it did at month 4 even though the scale barely moved. I stopped comparing and just focused on what my body can do now, which helps more than I expected.

#17

Only 18 down myself so I can't speak to the big losses yet, but reading that skin kept changing months after the scale stalled is genuinely reassuring. Planning to take the monthly photo approach from the start so I'm not nitpicking every week.

Showing 1–17 of 17 posts

Write your reply…

You'll be asked to create a free account to post — takes a few seconds, and your reply stays right here.
Ask the community

Create a free account

Takes a few seconds — you'll come right back here.

Already have an account? Log in instead.