NEW You can now add a photo to your posts and replies — vials, pens, injection sites and progress pics are all welcome. Max 5 MB, and location data is stripped automatically.
Medications

Rybelsus plateau at 75 lbs down - what worked?

Started by CurtP55 · · 22 replies · 539 views
#1

Sitting at a plateau on my current medication after 75 lbs down and trying to decide whether to bump the dose or hold. Did the nausea ease up after the first few weeks for you.

#2

I stalled around 70 lbs down on my dose and just held for a couple months before the scale moved again, so it may be worth waiting if the side effects are still rough. And yes, the nausea faded for me by week three or four, eating smaller portions helped a lot. Congrats on 75, that's a huge amount to lose already.

#3

When I hit a similar stall around 70 lbs down, holding longer was what worked for me - it broke on its own after about five weeks with no changes. Nausea was rough for maybe the first two weeks, then faded to almost nothing. Not worth pushing through misery over a few weeks on the scale.

#4

Mine stalled around the same point and holding for a few extra weeks broke it without me changing anything, so that might be worth trying first. The nausea on my Mounjaro upticks faded after maybe three weeks each time, usually worst in the first couple days after the shot. You're already down more than double what I've lost so the pace seems fine to me.

#5

At only 10 lbs down myself I can't speak to stalls that deep, but the nausea pattern matches mine - worst the first couple days, pretty much gone by week three. Hearing three people broke a similar stall just by holding would make me wait it out before changing anything.

#6

My first stall on Wegovy lasted almost six weeks and I nearly upped my dose, then it broke on its own right when I'd stopped obsessing over the scale. From my limited 7 lbs of experience I'd say give it a month of holding before touching anything, especially if the nausea is still there.

#7

I held through a stall once and it broke without touching anything, so with 75 lbs behind you I'd want a really good reason to change course now. Nausea faded for me around week two or three too. Four weeks of holding seems like a fair test before deciding anything.

#8

Stalled at 9 lbs for three weeks myself and a break finally came when I quit weighing daily, so the scale obsession thing rings true to me too. Only 11 lbs down total so I'm nowhere near your milestone, but the couple people here saying the stall broke on its own after holding would make me wait it out before changing anything. My nausea also faded right around week three or so.

#9

At 44 lbs down I hit a similar wall for about a month and it broke without me changing a thing, so at your milestone I'd be patient too. The nausea easing around week three or four matches what I remember from my early stretch. If it's still mild now, that alone would make me hold rather than bump.

#10

Down 13 lbs on retatrutide myself and hit a similar wall around month two that only broke after I stopped fiddling with things. For me the stall lifted once I stopped chasing the scale and let the appetite suppression do its thing, no changes needed. With 75 lbs gone I'd be patient too.

#11

Lost 80ish before my first real stall hit and it lasted six weeks, then dropped three pounds in one week like nothing changed. Nausea never fully left me but it backed off enough by month two that I stopped noticing. I'd give it more time before touching anything.

#12

My first stall came way earlier than yours, around 12 down, and it broke on its own without me touching anything, so at 75 gone I'd be even more inclined to wait it out. My nausea also faded after the first month. Stalls have always been temporary for me, even when they felt permanent at the time.

#13

Only 22 down myself so no plateau wisdom yet, but every stall I've had broke on its own within a few weeks. Mine hit around month two too and the scale just started moving again like nothing happened. The nausea on my end faded after the first month if that helps.

#14

75 down is a huge run before your first stall, mine came around 50 and broke after a month or so without me changing a thing. Nausea on my end was rough the first couple weeks then basically gone by week six. If it were me I'd give the scale a solid month before deciding anything.

#15

At 62 down on Saxenda I stalled for about five weeks and it broke without me changing a thing, so I'd lean toward holding. Nausea was only bad my first couple weeks and settled after that. A month of waiting felt like forever but it worked out.

#16

Another vote for holding a bit. I'm on Rybelsus 14mg and both my stalls broke on their own, even though I'm only 14 lbs down total so way earlier in the game than you. And yeah, the nausea was mostly a first-month thing for me too, pretty manageable now.

#17

I'm only about 6 lbs into Zepbound so no stall wisdom from me yet, but the appetite quieting definitely hit me with wave nausea that faded after the first month or so. From the sounds of it your body may just be recalibrating after 75 lbs, so taking a month to see feels reasonable before touching anything.

#18

I stalled around month four after losing 10 lbs and it broke on its own within three weeks, so I'd hold before changing anything. The nausea was rough my first two weeks and then basically gone by week five. Seventy-five down is a huge shift for your body, a recalibration pause makes sense to me.

#19

75 lbs is a big deal, your body probably needs a minute to catch up. My stalls both broke without me touching anything, and the nausea on Rybelsus was really only the first month for me too. If you can hang tight a few weeks and watch the scale and measurements, that's what I'd do before deciding anything.

#20

On 7mg Rybelsus myself, early days at only about 7 lbs down, so I cant speak to big stalls yet. But my nausea cleared up right around week four or so, so if yours is still lingering I'd give it a bit more time before bumping. Also Vegas heat makes me second-guess any appetite loss, gotta force the water.

Showing 1–20 of 23 posts

Write your reply…

You'll be asked to create a free account to post — takes a few seconds, and your reply stays right here.
Ask the community

Create a free account

Takes a few seconds — you'll come right back here.

Already have an account? Log in instead.