Sitting at a plateau on Wegovy after 20 lbs down and trying to decide whether to bump the dose or hold. The jump to the next dose was smoother than I feared.
Wegovy plateau at 20 lbs down - what worked?
I stalled around the same point and just held my dose, and the whoosh came about five weeks later on its own. I'd give it a month before changing anything - my loss has come in waves the whole way, not a steady line.
I hit a similar stall around 25 lbs down on Trulicity and holding for a few extra weeks got things moving again on its own. No shame in staying put if the scale is just catching up to your body.
My loss on semaglutide has been chunky too - I'll sit still for weeks then drop 3 lbs out of nowhere, so 20 lbs down with a stall sounds pretty normal to me. Holding where you are for a bit seems like the low-regret move since you can always bump later if the scale stays quiet another month.
My loss comes in stair steps too, and both times I stalled around the 20 lb mark it broke within a month without touching the dose. Give it a few more weeks before deciding, and congrats on the first 20 lbs to that last poster.
I'm only about 15 lbs down so I haven't hit your exact stall yet, but mine has come in waves too - sat still for almost three weeks then dropped two overnight. Given you're deciding between hold and bump, waiting a month feels like it costs you little and keeps the smoother-dose option open if things stay quiet.
Stalled twice on my way to 60 lbs down and both times the scale moved again on its own after about a month, no dose change needed. Every one of my plateaus broke the same way - nothing for weeks, then a whoosh. I'd give it a few more weeks before deciding the bump question, especially since you already know the next step goes easy if you do end up taking it later.
Stalls broke on their own for me too, several times on the way to 60 lbs down, usually right when I was about to change something. Since your last dose jump went smoothly, you know that door stays open - no rush to walk through it before the scale gives you a reason.
Only 9 lbs in myself so I can't speak to the 20 lb wall yet, but my first little stall broke the same way these folks describe - weeks of nothing, then suddenly down 3 lbs overnight. Since your last jump went easy, holding still feels like the safer bet to me.
20 lbs is further than I've gotten, but I hit a 3-week stall around the 10 lb mark and it broke on its own right after I'd convinced myself nothing was working anymore. Given how smoothly your last dose change went, holding for a few more weeks costs you almost nothing. The whoosh always seemed to show up right when I stopped staring at the scale daily.
Only 5 lbs in so my plateaus have been small, but mine also broke right after I stopped weighing every day. With 20 lbs gone and a dose jump that went easy for you, waiting a few more weeks seems low cost. The whoosh pattern in this thread is reassuring.
My 20-something stall at 24 lbs down lasted almost a month and broke the same way - nothing for weeks, then a big drop the week I got busy and quit hovering over the scale. Since your last bump was painless, holding a few more weeks seems like the move; I only escalated when the stall dragged past six weeks for me.
Down 52 lbs and I held at my dose through two stalls like this - both broke within a couple weeks on their own. Food noise was mostly gone by month two for me, and the last dose increase barely felt different from the one before, so waiting a bit longer costs you very little.
I stalled around the same spot on my way to 52 lbs down and it broke on its own once I stopped daily weigh-ins. Holding worked for me both times, so I'd give it a few weeks before bumping, especially since the scale was clearly still moving for you recently.
On Saxenda I hit a similar wall around 40 lbs down and it broke a week after I switched to weighing once a week instead of daily. Held my dose both times I stalled rather than escalating, and the scale caught up eventually. Give it a month before changing anything.
Down about 40 myself and my one real stall broke after maybe three weeks with zero changes on my end. Bodies seem to like a pause after big drops, so I'd hold where you are and let things settle before touching anything.
I'm down 53 lbs now and both of my stalls broke within a few weeks without changing anything, so holding my dose worked for me every time. A 20 lb loss is a big adjustment for your body, so I'd give it at least a month before escalating.
I stalled hard around 18 lbs down on Ozempic and it broke on its own after about five weeks without me touching my 1mg dose. Seems like everyone here had the same experience, so I'd give it more time before bumping anything.
My only stall so far (around 15 lbs down) lasted close to a month and then the scale just started moving again on its own. I'm at 24 lbs now and never touched my dose, so I'd let the whoosh come to you.
Every stall I hit on the way to 62 lbs down broke on its own, some took six weeks. Holding steady through them was worth it for me since each dose increase came with a rough week or two.