NEW You can now add a photo to your posts and replies — vials, pens, injection sites and progress pics are all welcome. Max 5 MB, and location data is stripped automatically.
Medications

Wegovy at 0.25mg - appetite crept back today

Started by StallBreakerSteve · · 11 replies · 114 views
#1

Still on the starting dose of Wegovy and noticed today that food thoughts are creeping back in after weeks of quiet, even with the 27 lbs gone. I figured 0.25 would keep working since it's only been a few months in. Has anyone else had appetite return before moving up a dose, or is this just my body adjusting?

#2

Same thing happened to me on 2.5 of Zepbound around the two month mark, the food noise faded back in for a few days and then quieted down again on its own. Bodies definitely seem to fluctuate week to week, so I wouldn't read too much into one day at the starting dose.

#4

Had the same dip right before moving up from 0.25, and honestly a couple loud days near the end of the week was normal for me even at 1mg. The shot day reset usually takes care of it.

#5

Ran into the same thing on my way up through 0.5, loud days always clustered right before my next shot. I leaned on protein and just waited it out, and things usually quieted down within a day or two of dosing. 27 lbs at the starting dose sounds like it's working overall.

#6

Day 6 was my weak spot too when I started out, and protein-heavy meals on those last couple days got me through every week. It faded a lot once I moved up, and I'm down 61 lbs now, so the late-week hunger never meant it stopped working.

#7

Days 5-6 were always my loudest too, even after dropping 39 lbs on the way up. I'd plan my most filling meals for the end of the week and it usually faded right after the next shot, so I wouldn't read much into a few noisy days.

#8

That end-of-week noise was my pattern too, worst around day 6, and I'd just load up on protein and wait for the next shot to quiet things down. Twenty pounds in on the starting dose means it's clearly doing its job, so a few loud days read like normal waning to me rather than anything going wrong.

#9

Same deal on Mounjaro for me, the last day or two before my shot always got chatty even at higher doses, and I leaned on protein and water to ride it out. Down 67 lbs and those noisy days never actually meant anything was slipping.

#10

I'm only about 19 lbs in on 0.25 and get the same day 5-6 chatter, so I wouldn't sweat it. Mine quiets right up after the next shot every time. Sounds like your body just running through the week like everyone else here.

#12

Down 44 lbs and that late-week hum was my normal at 0.25 too -- by day 6 I'd be planning meals I hadn't thought about all week. Once I tracked it across a few cycles it was obviously just the shot wearing thin, not the med failing.

Showing 1–12 of 12 posts

Write your reply…

You'll be asked to create a free account to post — takes a few seconds, and your reply stays right here.
Ask the community

Create a free account

Takes a few seconds — you'll come right back here.

Already have an account? Log in instead.