Same story here, stalled at 45 lbs and it turned out I was barely eating, like under 800 calories some days. Adding protein and not stressing the scale for a few weeks got things moving again. I held my dose the whole time and still broke through, so no rush to bump it.
Ozempic plateau at 50 lbs down - what worked?
50 lbs is a big drop and stalls like that seem super common around here. I'm early on Zepbound so no long-haul wisdom, but even I noticed how little I eat some days when the appetite suppression hits hard, so the under-eating theory makes sense to me. Sounds like the folks above broke through without changing anything but food, which is worth trying before a bump.
I stalled around 30 lbs down for almost a month and it turned out I was way under on protein too. Once I started tracking my intake I realized how little I was actually eating, and things started moving again within a couple weeks without touching my dose. Might be worth logging a few days before deciding on a bump.
Mine broke at 26 lbs down only after I stopped skipping meals - the weeks I forced breakfast and hit protein goals were the weeks the scale moved again. I'd give the food fix a month before touching the dose.
I'm on Saxenda so different med, but I had the same wake-up call about eating too little once I actually logged my days. Also Spokane winters kill my step count and getting back to daily walks nudged things along. Give the food fix some weeks before deciding on a bump.
Only 3 lbs in on Zepbound so far so take this with a grain of salt, but the appetite suppression hit me hard enough that I can totally see the under-eating thing being real. I started logging everything from day one partly because of threads like this, and my Gainesville summer walks are already part of the routine. Seems like the food and movement check before a dose bump is the pattern here.
I stalled at 22 lbs down for a couple weeks and adding a short walk after dinner plus upping my protein got things moving again without any dose change. The scale sat still but my clothes kept fitting looser, so don't panic over a few weeks of nothing.
I stalled around the same spot last year and found upping my protein and daily walks did more than any dose change would have. The scale finally moved again after about six weeks of holding steady. Fifty down is no joke, be proud of that.
Still early in my own loss but the stall I hit broke once I stopped skipping meals and actually ate enough protein during the day, since my appetite was way down. Before touching the dose I'd track your intake honestly for a week, I was shocked how little I was eating. Also the scale not moving while clothes get looser seems really common at this stage.
I hit a similar wall around 30 lbs and it turned out I was barely eating, same thing as the last poster said. Once I started tracking honestly and forcing some protein in, the whoosh came about three weeks later. No dose change needed on my end.
Interesting that three of us stalled for the same reason - I'm only 20 lbs in but my first mini-stall broke the same way, tracking showed I was way under on protein. I'd log a week before touching anything, seems like the dose question answers itself a lot of the time.
My stall around 40 lbs broke after I added a walk most evenings, no dose change. Turns out my body just needed some movement since my eating was already dialed in. Worth ruling out the simple stuff before deciding anything about the dose.
Add another data point for eating too little - at 26 lbs down I stalled for a month and logging showed my protein was pitiful. Upped it and the scale started moving again within two weeks, stayed on my same dose the whole time.
My long stall on Saxenda broke the same way - logged a week, realized protein was way low, fixed it, and the scale moved without any dose change. 41 lbs down here and I'd check the food log first before touching anything.