Sitting at a plateau on Ozempic after 50 lbs down and trying to decide whether to bump the dose or hold. What helped you push through the plateau.
Ozempic plateau at 50 lbs down - what worked?
I sat at a stall around 55 down for almost six weeks and it broke on its own once I started logging everything again - I'd gotten sloppy with portions since the food noise was gone. Held my dose the whole time, no bump needed. The whoosh came out of nowhere.
At 50 lbs down your body probably just needs time to catch up. I stalled around 20 lbs for a month and it broke on its own without touching my dose, so I'd hold a while before deciding anything. Upping the dose just to chase the scale brought back side effects for me last time.
I stalled for about a month at the same point and a whoosh of 3 lbs came out of nowhere after I stopped weighing daily. Body recomposition is real too, so dont panic over a few weeks of nothing. I'd give it a solid 6 weeks before touching anything.
I hit a similar wall around 55 lbs down on Trulicity and just held my dose for about six weeks before it broke on its own. The scale barely moved but my clothes kept fitting looser, so worth tracking measurements if you're not already. Miami heat had me drinking way more water too, which I think helped.
Only 10 lbs into this myself so no plateau wisdom yet, but when my loss stalled for a couple weeks I started logging everything again and realized my portions had crept up. Upping protein and actually tracking got things moving again without changing anything else. Might be worth ruling that out before deciding on the dose question.
I stalled around 45 lbs down for a month or so and patience was what fixed it - held my dose, kept everything the same, and the whoosh came eventually. Like the measurement point above, my scale weight froze but my belt kept shrinking. If a few more weeks of tracking and tightening doesn't nudge it, then you've at least ruled things out before touching the dose.
I stalled around the same point and just held my dose instead of moving up. What broke it for me was tightening up my protein and starting to actually weigh my food again, since the appetite suppression had me underestimating portions. The scale started moving again after a few weeks of that.
How are you handling injection-day fatigue? I plateaued until the dose increase kicked things back in gear.
At 33 lbs down I hit a similar stall around month five and just held my dose instead of moving up. Mine broke on its own after a few weeks once I started tracking portions again, turns out appetite creep had snuck back in. Rings getting looser counts as progress too even when the scale's stubborn.
I sat at a stall for almost six weeks around a similar point and broke it by logging everything for a week and realizing my portions had crept up since my appetite was partly back. Upping my Mounjaro didn't do much for me, so the scale finally moved when I tightened things up instead. May be worth ruling that out before changing anything.
I sat at the same weight for about six weeks around the 45 lb mark and ended up just holding my dose instead of moving up. Adding a daily walk and tracking my protein seemed to be what finally nudged the scale again. Sometimes the stall breaks on its own if you give it a few more weeks.
At 48 lbs down I stalled for about six weeks around the same spot and it broke on its own once I started tracking protein more honestly. I held my dose rather than climbing and was glad I did. Sometimes the body just needs time to catch up.
Mine broke around 60 lbs down after I stopped chasing the scale and just held steady for a couple months. Kept my Trulicity where it was and one day the drop picked back up again. The weeks of nothing were frustrating but looking back it was my body catching up, not the end of progress.
I hit a similar stall around 20 lbs down and just held my dose for six extra weeks before the scale moved again. Turned out I was eating way less protein than I thought, and once I fixed that things restarted on their own. No rush to change anything while you're still down 50.
Third for protein here. I'm 23 lbs down and stalled for about a month, started actually tracking and my protein was half what I assumed. Bumped it up and the scale started moving again within a couple weeks, still on the same dose.
The protein thing from that last reply rings true for me too. I'm only 12 lbs down on 0.5 so way earlier in the game, but I tracked my food for a week out of curiosity and realized my protein was terrible once the appetite suppression kicked in. Fixed that and I stopped stalling before I even really stalled.
Add me to the protein chorus. I stalled for a few weeks around 20 lbs down, started logging my meals and was shocked how little protein I was actually getting with the suppressed appetite. Once I fixed that the scale started dropping again without changing anything else.
Another vote for checking protein before touching the dose. I'm barely 3 lbs in so I can't speak to big plateaus, but tracking early made it obvious how fast the appetite suppression tanks intake. Since I'm nowhere near goal yet, holding my current dose and fixing food first seems like the smarter move than chasing a bump.
At 28 lbs down I hit a similar wall around month six and honestly my calories had crept down so low my body just seemed stuck. Upping protein and adding a short daily walk broke it in about three weeks with no dose change, so I'd try food first too.