From the US side the shortage windows hit randomly too, so I treat my supply the same way - reorder buffer baked into the budget. Down 13 lbs on reta and honestly the earlier reorder habit has saved me more stress than anything else. Watching this thread for whether NZ prices ever settle.
[Australia/NZ] NZ sourcing and cost check-in
NZ prices never settled for me either when I was watching that side of the world, but the buffer habit is real - I keep an extra vial now after one shipping delay stressed me out. Down 22 on tirz and the peace of mind alone is worth budgeting for. Keen to hear if anyone local has found costs easing.
Aussie here too, and I stopped chasing the cheapest price once I realized a delayed shipment was costing me more stress than a few extra dollars. I keep one vial spare and reorder when I hit that buffer instead of running low. Would also love to hear if anyone's found local costs actually dropping.
The buffer approach has done the same for me on Ozempic - I reorder a couple weeks before I'd run out and it's killed the panic entirely. Down about 20 lbs and honestly the routine matters more than shaving a few dollars off each order. Hope you find some pricing relief down there.
Aussie here - down 43 lbs and the thing that changed everything was treating it like a standing subscription, ordering well before the vial's empty. Shipping over here seems to run in waves, so I ride the slow periods. Costs haven't budged much that I've seen, but at least I stopped paying for it in stress.
NZ side here - shipping does seem to come in batches, so I time my orders around that too. Down about 20 lbs and the buffer habit has been the real win; the price gaps between suppliers never seem worth the gamble on a delay.
Also NZ here and the wave timing thing is real - I got caught once ordering during a slow stretch and it nearly cost me a week without a vial. Down 36 lbs now and the standing buffer is the only reason it's been smooth since. I stopped supplier-hopping over small price gaps too, reliability beats saving a few dollars.
This community exists for exactly this kind of week. The doubt creeps in for all of us at some point. I promise this isn't a sign anything's gone wrong.
Aussie here watching this thread closely since our shipping windows run even weirder than the NZ batch waves you both described. I learned the buffer lesson the hard way too, nearly ran dry over a $30 difference I chased once. Now I just keep two vials deep at all times and treat the extra cost as insurance, especially 56 lbs into this where consistency has mattered more than any price gap.
Chasing a small gap nearly left me dry too, and since then I stopped shopping around entirely. Down 32 lbs and the two-vial cushion is what got me through a slow shipping stretch last month. The shipping lag over here really does make the buffer non-negotiable.
Only 22 lbs in so I'm earlier in this than you two, but I already learned the buffer thing after one order sat in customs for weeks. Now I don't even look at price gaps anymore, the extra vial is just part of the cost for me. The shipping delays over here make it a no-brainer.
Same story on my side of the ditch, down around 57 lbs and the customs holdup that almost emptied my stash converted me to keeping a spare vial forever. The price hunting saved me maybe a coffee a month and nearly cost me weeks of momentum. Consistency is the whole game at this point.