Slow loser here, 20 lbs over a long stretch, and I'm making peace with the pace. Anyone else in the tortoise club?
month 3 progress - the NSVs are adding up
Tortoise club checking in - I'm about 28 down and it took me forever too, but the pants that finally fit again made the slow pace worth it. Faster losers lost the same amount and none of it stayed off for them in the past, so I'll take steady.
Tortoise club checking in - 12 lbs on the pill version down in Miami, and I've stopped stressing about the scale. Old jeans from two summers ago fit again last week, which honestly felt bigger than any number. Slow still counts.
Tortoise club for sure - it took me almost four months to drop my first 15 but my knees stopped aching on stairs around month two, which honestly mattered more than the number. Slow still counts.
Slow and steady works too - 30 lbs here over about five months, and I had to stop weighing daily to stop stressing the pace. The non-scale stuff kept me sane, like pants I hadn't worn in years suddenly fitting. Tortoise club is alive and well.
Tortoise club checking in - it took me ages to drop the last 10 and I had to remind myself slow still counts. My knees stopped complaining on hills around month three too, which no one warns you feels this good. Congrats on the 20, that's real progress even if the scale makes you wait for it.
Tortoise club checking in, only down 4 lbs myself but my knees stopped complaining on morning walks. Slow still counts on the scale.
Count me in the slow crew too, about 7 down since starting. What surprised me is my resting heart rate dropped and I can do a full grocery trip without my back aching, stuff I never expected from a smaller number on the scale. At this pace the loss seems more likely to stick anyway.
Slow loser here too, about a pound a week some months and it took forever to stop resenting that. What got me was noticing stuff like carrying groceries up the stairs without pausing halfway. At 19 lbs myself, and honestly the pace never changed how real the loss is.
Tortoise club checking in, 13 lbs down on a low dose and some months the scale barely moves. My NSV was walking the whole Loop without my knees complaining, which never happened before. Twenty pounds is twenty pounds no matter how long it took.
22 lbs here over about the same stretch, so welcome to the club. The stairs thing hit home for me too, I stopped needing to catch my breath at the top sometime last month and it still catches me off guard. Slow really does feel like it's sticking better.
Another tortoise waving from way back -- I'm 53 down but it took the better part of two years to get here. The scale only told half the story, stuff like fitting into old jeans and not dreading long walks ended up mattering more. You're right to make peace with the pace, slow still counts.
Took me 15 months to hit 49, so consider me a charter member of the tortoise club. My scale stalled plenty of months but my belt kept notching down anyway, which is what kept me sane. Twenty in three months on this pace is nothing to apologize for.
What's the hardest part of this for you day to day? Did your appetite come back at all on the higher dose? This is only my personal experience, nothing more.
58 down over most of a year here, and the stretches where the scale sat still were when my knees stopped aching and my flight to Denver last month didn't need the extender belt. Slow months built the habits that made it stick. Sounds like you're collecting the same kind of wins.