NEW You can now add a photo to your posts and replies — vials, pens, injection sites and progress pics are all welcome. Max 5 MB, and location data is stripped automatically.
Medications

Zepbound plateau after 30 lbs - dose bump or wait?

Started by TirzCurious · · 28 replies · 1,395 views
#1

Sitting at a plateau on Zepbound after 30 lbs down and trying to decide whether to bump the dose or hold. Did your appetite come back at all on the higher dose.

#2

I stalled around the same spot and just rode it out a few extra weeks before the scale moved again. My appetite did creep back some when I eventually went up, but nothing like pre-med levels. If you're still feeling suppressed on your current dose, holding a bit longer worked fine for me.

#3

I stalled around 20 lbs down on 7.5 and just waited it out - about three weeks later the scale started moving again without a bump. If hunger isn't creeping back, my body seemed to just need time to catch up.

#4

I hit a similar stall around 15 lbs down on 5mg and it broke on its own after a few weeks, so I'd give it more time before moving up. When I did eventually go higher, my appetite stayed quiet but the food noise crept back a little. Not a big deal, just something I noticed.

#5

I stalled around the same point and ended up waiting another three weeks before anything changed -- then the scale moved again without a dose change. When I did eventually go up, my appetite suppression did come back stronger, but I also got more food noise some days than others. If your loss has been steady, giving it a bit more time might be worth it first.

#6

Held through a similar stall after losing 25 and it broke on its own in about three weeks, so I'd wait a bit before moving up. Food noise never fully came back for me either way.

#7

My stall at 40 lbs lasted almost a month before the scale moved again, so the wait-it-out approach worked for me. Appetite stayed pretty quiet the whole time too, even now.

#8

I hit a similar stall around 30 lbs and held my dose for another month or so -- the scale started moving again on its own. When I did go up, hunger stayed pretty quiet for me, just a bit more fatigue the first week. If the rest of your side effects are manageable, no shame in either call.

#9

I stalled around the same point on 12.5 and held for a month before moving up, and the hunger did creep back a bit for me on the higher dose but nothing like before. My loss picked back up after a few weeks, so I'd say give the plateau another couple weeks before deciding if you're not miserable.

#10

I held at my dose through a six week stall around 25 lbs down and it broke on its own, so I'd give it a couple more weeks before changing anything. Appetite never really came back for me even after months on the same shot.

#11

Lost 61 lbs so far and my stalls always broke within a few weeks if I just hung in there, no dose change needed. The higher steps brought back a little appetite for me but nothing like pre-med. If you're still losing inches, the scale will catch up eventually.

#13

My stalls on Rybelsus broke the same way, sat still for weeks around my 12 lb mark and then the drop came overnight. I held my dose and was glad I did. If your appetite is still quiet and the inches are moving, I'd ride it out a bit longer.

#14

My stalls have always been about patience too - I stayed put through two of them and both broke without a bump. When I did eventually move up, the appetite suppression felt about the same for me. Early on still, so take it for what it's worth.

#15

I stalled for about a month around 38 lbs down and it broke without changing anything, so my money's on waiting if the scale isn't the only thing frozen. Mine ended with a whoosh after weeks of nothing, which seems to be how it goes for a lot of us.

#16

I had a five week stall around 45 lbs down that drove me nuts, then dropped 4 lbs in one week without touching my dose. My hunger did creep back a little at each step up, so that's another reason I'd wait if the scale is your only complaint.

#17

Stalled at a similar point on Victoza around 30 lbs down and it broke on its own after a few weeks, no change needed. Since you're still losing inches maybe, I'd give it another month before touching anything.

#18

Hit a six week wall around 40 lbs myself and riding it out paid off, broke with a 3 lb drop overnight. The increased hunger after each jump was real for me too, so I'd let patience win before moving up. How long has the scale actually been stuck?

#19

My stall came around 25 lbs down and lasted almost a month before whooshing 3 lbs in a few days, no dose change. Appetite definitely ticked up for me at the higher dose, so if the scale is the only gripe I'd sit tight a bit longer.

#20

Mine broke the same way, a few weeks of nothing then 4 lbs gone in two days while staying put on my dose. Hunger did creep back when I moved up, so I'd give it another couple weeks if the inches are still shifting.

Showing 1–20 of 29 posts

Write your reply…

You'll be asked to create a free account to post — takes a few seconds, and your reply stays right here.
Ask the community

Create a free account

Takes a few seconds — you'll come right back here.

Already have an account? Log in instead.