NEW You can now add a photo to your posts and replies — vials, pens, injection sites and progress pics are all welcome. Max 5 MB, and location data is stripped automatically.
Your journey

Started running at 20 lbs down - form check mindset

Started by AmberPainter · · 47 replies · 835 views
#42

Down 40 here and I'd back the quiet feet trick - it fixed my overstriding way faster than any video did. The awkwardness never fully left, it just got easier to run through as the load dropped.

#43

Down 58 now and I barely recognize my old stride - somewhere past the 30 mark the quick steps stopped feeling like work and just became how I run. Hills used to be my form wreckers too, now they're where I notice the difference most. Give it time, the awkward phase is temporary.

#46

Only 10 lbs down so far but I already notice my feet landing softer when I quit reaching out in front of my hips. Cadence cues helped me more than the videos honestly. I figure the form keeps improving on its own the lighter I get.

#47

At 63 lbs down I can say the awkwardness fades way faster than I expected - knees and hips just move differently now. Cadence cues did more for my overstriding than any video too, metronome apps felt silly but worked. Congrats on actually getting out there, that first week is the hardest part.

#48

Down 55 myself and running finally clicked somewhere around the 40 lb mark - strides just got naturally shorter without me thinking about it. The metronome thing sounds worth trying though, I still catch myself reaching out front on tired days.

Showing 41–48 of 48 posts

Write your reply…

You'll be asked to create a free account to post — takes a few seconds, and your reply stays right here.
Ask the community

Create a free account

Takes a few seconds — you'll come right back here.

Already have an account? Log in instead.