NEW You can now add a photo to your posts and replies — vials, pens, injection sites and progress pics are all welcome. Max 5 MB, and location data is stripped automatically.
Your journey

Loose skin at 40 lbs down - what to expect

Started by MounjFan78 · · 27 replies · 1,100 views
#21

48 down at 45 and the lower belly is exactly where mine is too - I stopped worrying once I saw the arms and chest tighten on their own over a year or so. Honestly the skin looked different every few months, so I'd give yourself grace before deciding what sagging means.

#22

Mine was stairs - used to brace on the railing every flight, now I'm halfway up before I realize I didn't even think about it. Also 40 lbs down here and the car thing you mentioned was a big one for me too around the same mark. Love that you started a list, I wish I had from the start.

#23

Almost 40 lbs down in my 40s and I'd say the skin kept changing well past the loss itself - my belly finally started firming up around month 10 after looking rough for ages. Slow loss seemed to help mine more than anything I put on it, though that might just be luck.

#25

Down 11 lbs on Zepbound myself and wondering the same, so thanks for asking. From what older folks in my group said, the skin kept tightening for a year or more after maintenance, so I'm trying not to panic early. Slow and steady seems to be the common thread in who bounced back best.

#26

Down 8 lbs on Saxenda myself so no big loss yet, but my skin has always been slow to catch up after past weight changes. Hearing it kept improving even a year into maintenance makes me feel better about not stressing over it now.

#27

Lost 51 lbs at 45 and honestly the sagging was worst around the 40 lb mark, then kept improving for another six months even after my weight settled. Slow loss pace seemed to matter for me too. Not perfect, but way better than I expected at this age.

#28

At 18 lbs down I'm seeing the same pattern folks describe here - my arms and belly look worse some weeks than others but the trend is slow improvement. I'm 47 so I figured it was hopeless, but hearing it kept tightening even a year into maintenance makes me less tempted to stress about it mid-loss.

Showing 21–28 of 28 posts

Write your reply…

You'll be asked to create a free account to post — takes a few seconds, and your reply stays right here.
Ask the community

Create a free account

Takes a few seconds — you'll come right back here.

Already have an account? Log in instead.